Nest (Preview)

Concrete became the first thing you saw upon opening your eyes. Other than realizing that you've been lying on your shoulder and using it as support from the cold, stone surface. You soon pushed yourself off the ground and back on your feet.

Where you are met with your shadow on the wall. Your body twisted around to see the only source of light coming from a police car, parked right outside the exit. Before coming to the conclusion that you're in a parking garage. Filled with parked cars which are not all police cars.

You began to rub your aching shoulder as you make your way towards a manhole cover. With no recollection on how you got here whatsoever.

All you know is that your fight or flight instincts were telling you to leave this place. But in order to do that. You must look wherever this manhole leads. So you start by climbing down a ladder. Which then leads you underground where an Item Box will be discovered.

You hesitantly open the box to find several items inside.

> Flashlight

> M19 Handgun

> M19 Handgun

> Large-caliber Handgun Ammo

> Green Herb

> Combat Knife

> Combat Knife

Upon glancing at each item in particular

Upon glancing at each item in particular. (F/N) couldn't shake the feeling that he's going to need those items in the long run. Like something were to happen to him if he left without them. Because facing the unknown is far worse than knowing what's out there.

Without hesitation, you grabbed whatever you could fit into your pockets and secure them to the best of your abilities.

Now that you're well-equipped. You left the safety of the Operators Room and onto the next one filled with nothing but machinery. That you couldn't even hear yourself talk or think at how loud these machines were running at what looks to be an Underground Facility.

Suddenly, you came to a complete spot as soon as you have stumbled across the Devil's Spawn.

You felt like a deer in headlights, paralyzed with fear to even move or runaway. As the sight alone was enough to send chills down your spine. You've never seen anything like it.

It looks as if though it had been ripped straight out of a horror movie, and you're the star of own your film.

But you're also the poor sonuvabitch that has to face this monstrosity. And the last thing you want is to draw attention to yourself. Because from the looks of it. Its lack of eyes didn't stop the skinless creature from seeing where you are with the use of its eponymous tongue.

Searching for some prey, and that happens to be you.

Your heart began to race as you held your breath when making the first step back, watching the Licker's pausing stance as it waits and listens for you. Because even without eyes or a nose. There's no doubt in your mind that this doesn't stop the hellish creature from hearing you walk. You kept your breath to a minimum as if your life depended on it.

Because it most well certainly does.

Fear coursed through your body as your blood ran cold. You almost wanted to shake in fear. But you're afraid that even the slightest of movement could alert it.

So instead you slowly began to reach for the pistol strapped to the waistband of your jeans. Your hand tightly gripped the handle before gently pulling it out of its makeshift holster. As you continued to take precise steps in which include your rate of survival with the lack of weight you're putting on your feet.

You soon take aim at the beast retracting its tongue as it approached you. Setting your sights on its large brain with your finger on the trigger.

Now it all came down to whether you were going to pull the trigger or not. Because once you pull that trigger. You might as well be ringing the dinner bell. Its teeth and claws weren't just for show. That without even realizing it. You have managed to put some distance between you and the Licker.

Luckily your footsteps were as quiet as a church mouse. With your eyes keeping track on the creeping Licker. Your mind wandered to how this encounter would play out.

On one hand it'll be a miracle if you can kill the Licker in one go. But on the off chance it doesn't shake off any of your bullets. Then you're more than likely going to die by this thing, and it won't be pretty.

Especially if you keep on waiting for the Licker, expecting it to make the first move when you can't even predict what it'll do to you. And you didn't wanna stick around to find out.

It's now or never.

The moment (F/N) took the first shot. It went and made its mark on the Licker's exposed brain, triggering the mutated zombie into letting out an ear piercing screech before pouncing on top of you.

"Fuck." (F/N) thought.

[ Coming Soon on AO3 ]