A moment of lifetime separation

"Can we not fight anymore? Please?"

Green wanted to hold him and kiss his tear away but at the same time he knew this was the chance Blue gave him. He must take it.

"I'm not fighting. I want a break up." His voice was clear and absolute.

"No! No! No! I don't want it! Please! What did I do wrong? Tell me? I will fix it! Don't be like this with me."

Green closed his eyes tightly. He didn't want to tell the truth. He really didn't want to. But he also couldn't hide it from this person.

"I'm not in love with you anymore. Do you still wanna stay with me?"

Tears stopped flowing from his eyes. Blue didn't expect this.

"You... you don't love me anymore?"

"No. I said I'm not in love with you anymore. I like you, in fact I love you and respect you as a human being. But I'm not in love with you in a romantic way anymore."

"You...you fell out of love?"

Guilt consumed Green's entire body and mind. He remembered how bad Blue has been hurt just like this by his previous lover. He knew all the deep insecurities of Blue. And for that reason, he hesitated for so long. Truth to be told, he fell out of love quite a while ago, but because he felt guilty toward the other, he stayed with him.

But as time passed he realised how his behavior toward the other changed, how he started to avoid the other, how both of them were hurting because of it. This was unfair. For him, for Blue. He couldn't keep lying.

"I'm sorry."

Blue whispered gently, "Why? Why would you do this to me?"

Green felt his vision getting blurry, "I'm sorry."

"DO YOU NOT HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY TO ME!"

"I'm sorry."

"It's my fault. It's must be my fault. Everyone falls out of love after a period of time. I know, there must be some problems with me."

"Blue, you know he was a jerk. And truth to be told, so am I. Can you please not blame yourself. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

It was November. This year's autumn had just passed. It was perfect time to wear pretty sweaters.

It was the time when Green had proposed to Blue. Green was nervous because he had never been in any kind of serious relationship before. But he felt like it will be great to find someone he can spend his rest of the life with.

Blue was amazing. Understanding, gentle, kind. They had been flirting for one month. While they had a huge age difference which could be considered as a big obstacle, Green had a young passion within him. It was blazing hot, it was shimmering with hope. It almost burnt Blue. He had been hurt too many times, yet the burning sensation felt like home. It felt soothing to touch.

Like a moth jumping into fire, Blue jumped right into the pit of hell. But oh, it felt like heaven!

The thousand pictures and videos in his gallery, the uncountable amount of texts they shared, the amount of time they touched each other's naked body, the amount of time he marked the other, the amount of time they looked into each other's eyes, everything was the proof that he did take a trip to paradise. Those don't lie. Memories don't lie.

He surely remember, clearly remember, the gentle eyes that looked at him ever so lovingly, the hands that touched his inner most corner of heart, and the lips that kissed his soul away.