°•. ✿ .•°Chapter 1°•. ✿ .•°

Jungkook pov

"I don't want to! Just

"I don't want to! Just...just don't force me!" Jungkook erupted in rage. His eyes glowed with inner turmoil. "Nothing is wrong with me!"

"You need help, Kookie. Depression must be treated. You... and I guess all of us need a break." Namjoon sounds deflated as he looks at their maknae with concern on his face. The living room has a gloomy atmosphere. The boys were depleted; some were experiencing emotional distress, and they all spoke about taking a break or even disbanding.

A hectic schedule, a world tour, high expectations, 12-hour dance rehearsals, personal sacrifices, and sleepless nights all took their toll.

It got so bad that their maknae lost his zest for life. He began to withdraw deeper into himself, even abruptly ending his relationship with the girl he had dated for a year. Nobody knew what was going on with him. His movements became robotic, never questioning anything and simply following like a lost sheep. He had the sensation that a dark, brooding bloodsucker was attached to him, sucking all of his life force. Nothing made sense anymore, and he felt a sense of detachment and hollowness around him like a black void.

"I don't want to be without you. You're my lifeline. I need you close," he says, his eyes puzzled and full of unshed tears.

Seokjin swiped his face. "We're all concerned about your mental health, Kookie. We're all under a lot of pressure. Nobody understands how you manage such a stressful, hectic lifestyle: tours, university, etc."

Yoongi sighed deeply as he rose from his seat and gave the maknae a tight-back hug, saying, "Kookie, go and rest. We'll plan a group outing when you return."

Jungkook's face was saddened. "I feel so detached from everything. It's better for me to be with you guys. I don't want to be alone."

Taehyung nods,"We want you to get away from the mental stresses and the world of fame. You need to go somewhere familiar that will give you peace of mind. I'm going to spend some time on the farm."

Jimin inhaled deeply as he stood up, walking to their apartment dorms' large windows and gazing out, his mouth tightly pursed. "We are tired, we are overworked, and I lost my passion. We need a time-out, guys. After a few world tours, I used the planes as Ubers. We are young men in our twenties. We need to live normal boy lives. Go on dates. Be normal."

Jhope nods, "True Chimmy, everyone knows something was up during our latest interviews. Namjoon had to step up for all of us. I was about to flip during one of the Billboard interviews."

Namjoon smiled softly and said, "We'll be back working on our new album. In two weeks. So let's just go rest. Reconnect with your loved ones, work on your relationships, and return anew and refreshed. We'll still be together, Kookie. We promise to keep in touch."

Namjoon gestures for the entire Bangtan family to gather in a circle around Kookie. He needs to be reassured that they will always be together. He knows he can rely on them.