1: First Day

"Dusty! Y/N! Come on your gonna be late!"

Y/n stumbled out of bed. Why should she care if she's late. She doesn't even want to go to this stupid school. She sat down in front of her vanity that was once her mothers. She sighed as she brushed her hair. She should probably skip today, tell her aunt she's sick or something.

"Y/n come on I know you're still sleeping you need to get up." Dustin knocked on her door. She opened the door to see her cousin standing there in his dorky clothes and "thinking cap".

"Give me a few minutes I need to do my make up." She huffed. Shuffling through her closet finding her "mom" jeans and a long sleeved cropped top. She grabbed her cutest sneakers and threw them on. She smudged on some make up and threw her hair into a half up half down look.

"Gosh it's about time!" Dustin groaned walking out the door. Y/n made her was down the hall and grabbed my bag.

"Have a good day sweetie." Her aunt kissed her on the head.

"I'll try." She mumbled. She ran out side and jumped on her bike.

"You're gonna love Hawkins. We have this group, we're kind of a bunch of out casts-"

"Dustin, man, I love you but I don't wanna hangout with a bunch of nerds." She laughed biking a head of him.

"Yeah we'll good luck getting in with the preppy kids! They're ruthless!" He yelled Viking faster to keep up with her.

..Y/n pov..

We arrived at the school just in time for the first warning bell. I could see the popular kids instantly. I had to get in good with them. No way am I spending the last year of high school with my younger cousin and his nerd friends.

"Hey, you must be y/n. I'm robin, Dustin has told me a lot about you. Not that is was anything bad but-"

"Hi, it's nice to meet you." I cut her off.

"Sorry I didn't mean to ramble, do you need a tour?"

"Yeah probably," I laughed. "I need to grab my schedule can you show me the way."

"Yeah!" She enthusiastically said. I followed her to the guidance office.

"Hello how can we help you." A lady with a crazy perm and bright red lipstick asked.

"Yeah I need my schedule. Y/f/n Y/l/n."

"Alright huh," she smacked her gum. "Here ya go." She passed my schedule to me.

"Oh cool I have English first too!" Robin yelled. I looked at her a laughed. We walked together down the hall and she pointed out everything there was to point out. She told me where each clique hangs out and the best people to go for homework. Finally we made it to first period.

"Hello, you must be Miss. Y/l/n." The teacher said. "You can have a seat in the back next to Miss. Buckley." She smiled. I walked back to my seat and waited for class to start.

"So what have you guys been doing in this class?" I asked hoping to be able to jump right in.

"We're getting ready to start The Great Gatsby. She putting us in pairs for a reading journal."

"Will you be my partner?" I asked.

"I wish I could but she doesn't let us choose." She sighed.

"Attention class. Today as you all know we are getting paired for your reading journals. I have already assigned your partners as you know," she moaned on about the book and what she expected of us for this assignment. "Now I will read off your partners." She listed off a bunch of people who seemed pleased about their partners.

"Robin and Vickie," she stated. Robin turned white.

"And finally Eddie and y/n." All of the sudden the door busted open. In walked a guy with long hair that looked loosely permed. He had on a Jean vest with an under shirt that said "hellfire" on it.

"Sorry everyone. We'll not really but you get the point." He walked in towards the back of the room and sat down next to me.

"How nice of you to join us Eddie." The teacher smirked.

"Yeah yeah." He rolled his eyes. I couldn't help but stare. This was who I was stuck with. Him.

"As I was saying, you have been paired with y/n."

"Who the hell?" He asked.

"Me." I said quietly.

"Oh-" he said. "Are you sure. She seems new you're really gonna do this to her?" He asked.

"I'm hoping she helps you learn how to be a good kid." The teacher rolled her eyes.

"Yeah I doubt that." He scoffed. I rolled my eyes and look at Robin. Who was staring dead at Vickie.

"Okay kids get to work and figure out a plan. You need to read chapters 1-3 for Monday." She turned around and the room erupted with talking.

"Hello, earth to Robin" I waved my hand in her face. She shook her head.

"I'm good." She said. Vickie made her way back to us and they started to work on the project.

"So how should we-" I turned to look and he has his headphones on blaring his music. I tapped his shoulder.

"Can I help you?" He took his headphones off music still blaring.

"Yeah you can actually participate and stop being a major ass hat." I smiled a bitchy smile. He smirked.

"Where you from new girl?" He asked turning his music off.

"California. Now how should we do this?" I asked.

"Okay Hollywood. I know you're new but I don't do work. I don't even show up. So good luck."

"You're in the hellfire dnd group right?" I asked.

"Sure am, how'd you learn that." He tapped his pencil on my desk.

"Henderson. He's my cousin. He's been talking you up a lot. Not sure why you don't seem like much to me." I said laughing.

"Excuse you?" He looked shocked.

"Sorry but I'm not sure how someone who is so lazy and doesn't do anything to better his future and only plays dnd could be so awesome?"

"Okay Hollywood. You come to the session tonight and I'll think about helping you with this project." He stuck out his hand.

"If I come to your dnd session you'll actually participate in this?" I asked. He stood up on his chair.

"Dungeon Masters promise." He bowed flipping his head over. I shook my head.

"It's a deal nerd." I shook his hand.