Chapter 1

The Begginning

Today is a cloudy day. Two best friends, Watts Bulb and Wren Weasel were outside. They've been best friends for four years, depending on how old they were.

But today was a bit weird. The two had a BIG arguement about Loyalty and Friendship. Wren was heading to the park, hoping to find Watts there to make up with him. She is shocked to see Watts hanging out with a boy. They seemed to have fun, laughing and playing, even talking.

Is he replacing me!? Wren thought. Wren growled in a bit of jealousy. She ran away. The next day Watts and his new friend walked into Wren with her new friend. Watts and Wren looked at each other, in surprise.

"Oh hello Wren..." Watts says all annoyed, and a bit mad. "Ugh, Watts. What?" Wren replied, seeming mad too. The two glare at each other. Then their new friends see each other. "Hi Treena!/Hey Clay!" They greeted in unison. Watts and Wren are surprised. "You two know each other?" Watts asked all surprised. "Oh, uh, yeah! We're friends." Treena answered. Watts and Wren were silent. They looked at each other and then Watts sighed.

"Well then, maybe we can get some ice cream? I know a shortcut through the park!" Wren suggested and the three agreed. They were heading to the park when the clouds got a bit darker, it got windier. Wren felt a bit cold and put her jacket on. "Have I ever told you your jacket was kinda nice?" Watts asked. Wren shook her head. "No, you never do." Wren answered. "Well it looks nice. Reminds me of the sun." Watts complimented. Wren smiled. The smile turned into a frown when Clay said, "I thought you said it looked like mustard and hated it?"

Watts was shocked. "Oh Clay what a jokester! Ha ha. We're not going to talk about that..." Watts whispered to Clay. Wren growled softly. "Hey, maybe we should introduce ourselves to your other best friend? Is that okay?" Treena suggested and Watts and Wrena greed. Wren went with Clay to the playground while Watts went to sit down on a bench with Treena. A minute later, Watts got to know Treena and Wren got to know about Clay.

"Hey Wren, is it true your dad and mom split?" Clay asked all of the sudden. Wren was silently shocked. How did Clay know? Unless... "W... Wh-Who told you that?" Wren replied, asking Clay. Clay told Wren that Watts told him. Wren was furious. It was only going to be a secret between her and Watts. The same situation happened over with Watts.

Watts was happily chuckling with Treena when she suddenly wanted to ask him something. "So Watts, are you actually bad at, uhm..." Treena stopped as she saw Watt's deadpan face. "Um, is something wrong?" Treena asked, looking a bit worried. "No, no. Continue." Watts says, weakly smiling. Treena asked Watts if he was bad at taking responsibility. Watts gasped. "I AM NOT BAD AT IT!!!!" Watts shouted, then he calmed down, "Who told you?" Watts asked. Treena told him it was Wren in a frightened way.

Watts gets up and storms to find Wren. Treena followed him to stop him from doing something bad. Meanwhile, Wren marched up to find Watts while Clay followed her. Watts and Wren were about to confront each other but then Treena and Clay come up to them. They slightly calm down. "Hey, Treena, Clay, we'll just go get the ice cream. We'll be back in a minute, more or less." Watts says, clenching his teeth. Treena and Clay were worried but they agreed to wait. Watts and Wren run to the exit of the park. Instead of the ice cream truck, they run to a street where no one was there.

"You jerk! You promised you'd never tell anyone about my parents!" Wren shouted at him, fuming with anger. Watts scoffed. "And YOU said you'd never tell anyone that I couldn't handle responsibility! I AM RESPONSIBLE!!!" Watts shouted back. Suddenly, black mist surrounded them. Watts puts his hoodie up, feeling a bit cold. "YOU LOST MY LAST PET RAT TO A SNAKE!!!" Wren growled while growing wolf ears. Watts starts to light up. "IT WAS THE ZOO KEEPER'S FAULT!!!" Watts shouted back. Watts started to light up even brighter and levitate. Wren growls a wolf tail and her arms to hand turn into wolf arms. Watts shoots Electric Balls at Wren, but she dodges them. The two chase each other around the empty street. Wren jumps and lands on one of the roofs. Watts lands on the same roof. Wren charges at him, growling a lot. She tries to scratch him but Watts was too fast. He dodged them mostly.