A life Bassed on music

At first only darkness was present, an immense void waiting to be filled. Then out of that darkness came the softest of beats, almost too soft to be heard. The drums had begun their march. Life was indeed imminent.

As time progressed the steady pounding began to quicken, its haste symbolizing that of a heartbeat. This was it; the beginning of a new life, a new song. As if in response to this change, the precise taps on a piano sounded. Its melody, the cue for a guitar that strummed and tinkled along in its groove. All three instruments coming together to create a piece of joy and wonder. Still the song quickened as life carried on. This unique introduction of notes, acting as an image of what it feels like to be born into a whole new world.

Old choruses and bridges, now fading, evolved as new instruments added to the mixture. The flute's whistles increased the pitch as moments of excitement and happiness crept into life. Those were treasured the most. In situations of sadness and disappointment, the gentle hums of the bass guitar sounded and the piano's melody slowed. These moments, as depressing as they were, would never be forgotten. On occasions, the aggressive strings on an electric guitar presented themselves, symbolizing acts of frustration and bitterness. These parts caused regret and guilt to surface. All in all, so effective were these sudden changes that mountains and valleys and plains were created, as the journey to maturity began.

As the hands on the clock ticked, the song began to lose its formality. Instruments, representing important feelings and much needed physical entities, grew softer and softer. Mountains became climbable, valleys turned into ditches and plains spread further and wider. Their meaning, little more than acknowledged. Life just seemed to drag on, now a routine more than anything. The song was coming to an end. The flute had stopped in its cheer, the bass guitar never to be seen again, and the guitar, now a memory. It was only the piano's careful taps and the drum's quiet throbbing that kept it together. In the end, however, the piano's pedals lifted and the drum sticks rested. The darkness returned, the song of life was over.