ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

Mr

Mr. Han cautiously hid behind a wall as he peered at me, and I tightly clutched a letter written in Chinese. It was a letter that Mr. Han had helped me write, intended to apologize to Meiying's father for my past actions.

Wanting to make a good impression and show that I was not a bad influence on Meiying, I had chosen to wear a comfortable dress and let my hair down. As Mr. Han realized that I was a girl, he stood by the door, giving me a thumbs up of encouragement.

Taking a deep breath, I knocked on the front door. To my surprise, the door swung open without hesitation, revealing Meiying's familiar voice from within. "Hello, my name is [name]. Your family has suffered because of my actions. Your daughter has been an amazing friend to me, and I've learned from her that a true friend is someone who makes your life better. If you give me another chance, I promise to be the best friend your daughter has ever had," I spoke in Chinese, with Meiying's father looking at me, puzzled. Meiying whispered something to him, and he nodded, smiling.

At first, he appeared shocked, but then he smiled at me, nodded, and spoke in Chinese, which Meiying translated for me. "My daughter told me that she made a promise to be at your tournament," she paused, a smile spreading across her lips. "In our family, we do not break our promises," her father said in English, giving Meiying a thumbs up. "Good luck!" he exclaimed before closing the door. Overwhelmed with joy, I couldn't help but jump up and down.

I rushed back to Mr. Han and embraced him. "Are you ready for tomorrow?" he asked, and I nodded eagerly. As we walked through the quiet neighborhood, we unexpectedly encountered Cheng and his teammate.

A sense of panic started to creep in, and I felt Mr. Han's hand on my shoulder. Liang noticed me and approached, a look of confusion on his face. "[Name]? Is that you?" he asked, coming closer, but abruptly stopping when he saw Mr. Han beside me.

"Why are you with him?" Cheng's raspy voice questioned, glaring at Mr. Han, but I kept my gaze lowered.

"Hi, Liang," I greeted, purposely ignoring Cheng's question. I noticed Cheng staring at me intensely. "I'm asking you a question, why are you with him?" he repeated, and I looked at him coldly.

"Well, remember, he's my friend's teacher," I replied, raising an eyebrow at Cheng. He frowned and clenched his jaw in response to my behavior, while I smiled warmly at Liang.

"I think we should go. I have some errands to run," I suggested, pulling Mr. Han along with me. He remained silent as we moved away. Suddenly, I felt someone grab my wrist, and I turned to see Cheng gripping it tightly, saying, "Let's talk."

Mr. Han immediately took hold of my other wrist as Cheng continued to glare at him, saying in Chinese, "Let go of her, kid. She needs to go home."

"I want to talk to her," Cheng replied coldly, tightening his grip on my wrist. I yanked my hand away from him. "I don't understand either of you, but Cheng, I need to go home," I asserted, and Mr. Han gently pulled me away, and we started walking. I never looked back at Cheng.