~Your Soulmate's Dream (Marellinh)~

I decided to get some help from Pinterest when I had no idea what kind of prompt to put in my oneshot, but I really wanted to write something for some reason. And Pinterest delivered!!...as always. Here's another AU, everyone. A soulmate AU, specifically.

________________________________________________________________________________

✩Marella's POV✩

"So apparently you, like, get to see your soulmate's dreams or whatever," Biana said with frustration, stroking royal purple paint across her trimmed nails. "I spied on my soulmate's dream last night and saw this really pretty alicorn, but I didn't get any clues as to who they really are. Aren't these dreams supposed to help us find our soulmates, not just confuse us?" Biana sighed, training her furious gaze to the glossy purple paint she was applying, her lips curled downward into a frown.

"You only saw one dream," I told her, watching her decorate her deep purple nails with silver glitter gloss. "I'm sure you're not the only one frustrated about this whole guessing game. I haven't even looked at my soulmate's dreams yet."

Biana's eyes shot up to me, flicking the glittering paint all over her hands, but she didn't seem to notice. "You didn't check yet?!" she yelped.

"Nope," I said with disinterest, shrugging at the girl. "Why?"

"Don't you find this super interesting, being able to other people's dreams? Our soulmate's dreams, even?" Biana asked me with disbelief.

"I just kind of find this whole thing a waste of time. I'll find my soulmate eventually, when I'm three thousand years old at the latest. And then I'll have an infinite lifetime to spend with them. So why the rush?" I pointed out, staring at Biana blankly.

Biana shook her head at me, carefully holding out her wet nails to let them dry. "There isn't any rush, but damn, Marella, aren't you curious?! I want to see my soulmate as soon as possible."

I shrugged. Biana frowned.

"If you're not going to try to find your soulmate for yourself, at least do it for me! I want to know too, y'know," Biana said with an exasperated sigh.

"I'm not going to waste all those hours on trying to find someone I'll inevitably find without trying anyway, Bi," I protested at the stubborn teal eyed girl.

"You don't have to spend hours," Biana pleaded. "Just one dream! Pleaseeee?" She held out her purple, glittering pinky to me.

I sighed and caved in, entwining my pinky with Biana's. "Fine. I'll call you tomorrow."

***

Alright, here we go.

I curled up into the mess of blankets on my bed reluctantly, closing my eyes and imagined me holding hands with an unknown silhouette, kissing their lips and cuddling with them on  cold winter nights. A smile snuck its way onto my face without me noticing, to my dismay. I persisted in the images, images of me tackling them playfully to the ground, me hugging them and telling them everything will be fine. A warm sensation filled my heart, like these were all memories I had already lived and now I was just looking back on them. The shadowy silhouette began to take shape, their figure becoming less blurry and more defined, their lips holding a little more color to them.

Soon enough, a vivid image projected itself into my head without me having to imagine anything myself. It was like watching a movie, but your brain was the TV. You didn't have to make your eyes see anything or your ears hear any words, it just played. The burden of having to use your senses lifted off of your back like it was just a pile of bricks.

A shadow of a wave crashed down onto blurry space, making a distorted crashing noise. The scent of salty ocean air filled my nose as the scene flickered into life, becoming more detailed and vivid by the second. The ocean waves gained their blue color and the white foam at the tips floated around the mass.

A girl stood in front of the waves. Her gaze focused on the rolling waves with determination, and something else. Something that burned hot and red, and passionate. Hate? No, it wasn't hate. Something gentler. Something more powerful.

She raised her arms up to the waves commandingly, raising the white, foamy tips to the sky and above. A massive, intimidating shadow cast onto her petite figure in comparison, but her gaze didn't falter. She held her arms down as the wall of water slowly lowered onto her, rapidly picking up speed until it came crashing down on her. I couldn't help but wince. After the wave crashed down below and spread out all around, a figure emerged with the depths of the water, appearing unfazed and courageous. Her eyes held a gleam of power in them, of strength, of resilience.

And then I looked into her light blue eyes, her eyes that held more power and love and bravery and strength than I could ever hope to muster.

And then I fell in love.