chapter 18 (aka episode 8) PT 1

A/N ep 8 is "all my life, my heart has yearned for a thing i cannot name"

also this chapter + pt 2 will b featuring a lot of "flashback" type things where we'll get an outside perspective abt eleanor and her life!

Half an hour into Lexi's play, months in the making, I was watching everyones fucking dirty laundry get aired live (much to my admittedly sick amuesment- the look on Nate Jacob's face was the best fucking thing I've seen all week)

But while I was watching Lexi become an entirely new person on stage, Eleanor was bustling around Fez's house, getting ready.

Not that she could ever be ready for what happened next. Because fuck, who could?

"When did Custer get here?" Eleanor whispered, wiping her sweaty hands on her dress. The house was oddly silent, the only sound being Faye walking slowly around in the kitchen.

There was something about Custer that made Eleanor uncomfortable, and his demeanor was especially unnerving as he sat on the faded couch across from the kitchen.

"Couple minutes ago," Fez said quietly, stepping past Eleanor and walking into the kitchen where Faye was still cooking. "Almost done?" Eleanor asked Faye, and the girl slowly looked away from Custer, almost like she was- scared of him.

"Uh, yeah. You guys can, like, make your plates and stuff," she said distractedly, turning her attention back on Custer.

Eleanor walked into the kitchen, joining Fez and smiling in Faye's direction. "Thank you so much," she beamed, and Faye nodded, looking warily at Custer.

"Eat fast, okay? We're already late," Eleanor said, kissing Fez before grabbing a plate and serving herself, still aware of how off the energy was. Custer sat up once Eleanor spoke, paleing slightly.

"Wait, you guys, uh, you guys leavin'?" Custer asked, and Eleanor frowned. Before she could reply, Fez answered for her. "Yeah, we bouta leave," he said, turning his attention over to Eleanor. "Ion need food, let's just go."

"Oh, um, okay," she replied, biting her lip nervously, out of habit. She had been planning on taking the test before they left. Maddy would kill her.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom really quick," she said. "Could you maybe just put the food in a container? We can eat it later."

Fez nodded, and with that, Eleanor walked down the hall to the bathroom, purse hanging from her arm. The same purse that, pretty much, held her fate.

✧✧✧

For as long as she could remember, Eleanor had wanted to be a mom. She liked the feeling of taking care of someone, the way it felt when someone needed her. Even at a young age, Eleanor knew how much power a baby could hold.