Kaito Momota x Gender Neutraul reader. (ANGST)

"So then it's true.. the person who killed kokichi is Kaito.."
I say while still processing what I just said. Kaito was always so loving
and trustworthy. Why would he ever kill somebody? Anybody?
"So then the person in that exsial is.."  Maki says but before she can finish her sentence, a way too familier face beholds us all.
"Me. Hey, good job you guys! You figured it out!"
"..K-kaito.. so.. you really did kill him.." Shuichi says barely getting his words out. And at a time like this, I don't think any of us can really blame him.
"Yeah. I did. But it wasn't my idea at all, I had no choice! But the guy was brave, and I totally respect him for that! But jeez. He was such a fool." "I.. I  just can't understand, Kaito. Why would you risk your life? And did you really think you were gonna get away with it? And even if you did, would you really-"
"Jeez, you can really be a hand full sometimes, Y/N. Obviously I knew I wasn't gonna survive! I'd rather die than see all my friends get executed!"
"ENOUGH!
A voice yelled, that grabbed all of our attention..
"Geez, all of this power of friendship crap is killing me right now! How about we cut all the borning stuff and get to the vote? Will you make the right choice? Or the dreadfully wrong one?"
A screen flashes in front of me showing all of my classmates allowing me to vote any of them.
But.. I can't vote for him. Anybody but him.
"Upupu~ it looks like everyone has cast their votes! Now, let's see who the blackened is~"
Nobody says a word. We just watch as we anxiously wait to see where the wheel lands on..
"So it's actually true.. Kaito... really is the culprit..?"
"Guess you got it right! Oh, and Y/N, you may not want to vote for yourself next time.. you don't want to cost the whole class their  lives!~"
The stupid bear said with a smirk.
"Shut the fuck up demonic bear!" I snap back.
"But it still doesn't make sense.. why kaito.. why did you kill kokichi..?" Shuichi says while holding back his tears.
"Its just like you said.. Kokichi had a plan. He was trying to end the killing game but I guess his plan failed.." 
We all go silent. How could something like this happen? Why.. why would kaito let this happen!?
"Damn. Why are you you all actin' like a bunch of sad-sacks!? Shuichi, you figured out the truth! You should be proud of yourself, you all should!"
"Kaito. Kaito.. you.. you're such an idiot."
Maki says with and annoyed, yet, sad expression.
"Nyeh, how can any of us any of us feel happy right now.. you're about to get executed.."
Himiko says.
"You just gotta think positively about it! Like-"
"Enough! How the hell do you expect us to just sit and watch this unfold without any negative emtions!? You're about to get executed! You can't possibly think that we can just sit and watch any of this!" Maki cries. I.. don't blame her. I feel the same way.
"That isn't fair to us... for me.. watching the person I'm in love with die!"
Maki confesses. So... she did like Kaito afterall. Jealousy swarms around me, but I keep my mouth closed. This should be her moment.. not mine.
Kaito gives a big smile then hugs her.
"Ha! I can't believe you fell in love with a guy like me! I'm flattered!!"
I just sit there.. why.. why do I feel so irritated? No. I don't like him too.. do I?
"Alright! You've all had your confessions, now let's get to the punishment!"
"I-i... no.."
"Huhhhh? Whadya mean "no"?
"No. We won't let this happen. I wont let this happen..
"Do I need to punish you to!? Interferin' with an execution is strictly prohibited!"
"Y-y/n!? What are you doing!?" Keebo shouts
"No. You won't hurt him. I wont let you."
"Huhhh? And how are you gonna do that? Puhuhu~ remember, if you put me in any physical harm I'll have ta kill ya with this mighty fine exisal!"
"No. You're not gonna hurt him." I say confidently. Will this plan actually work..?
"Y/N! What the he'll do you think your doing!?"
"I.. Monokuma. I'd like to make a deal with you."
"Huhhhhh? Deal? I'm listening.."
A while back I found a secret room. It contained all the secrets of this school. Even how to get out.  Including, the person controlling you."
"W-what? Why didn't you tell anyone?" Shuichi questions
I.. didn't know how. I didn't want it to end up like Kaede again.. I'm really sorry."
Everybody stays silent. I decide to break it
"If you let Kaito go and execute only me instead, I'll keep everything to myself. Deal?"
"Puhuhu~ I got to admit, you have guts. FINE! I will push you instead! What a twist!"
"Y/N NO! What the hell!? You didn't do anything wrong! That should-"
"Shh.. it's okay.. you.. you still have a bright future ahead of you.. you have more reasons to keep going than me. This is for the best.." I say as I rest my head on his chest.
"Like hell I'm gonna sit here and watch you get executed! You're my friend! I killed Kokichi!"
Hurt by his words, I stay silent after I make one remark.
"Friends..? I see.." I mutter to myself..
I walk over to Maki. And whisper in her ear.
"Listen, I found a antidote for Kaito's disease. Please give this to him."
"Right.. oh, and Y/N.. thank you."
A sad smile covers my face. " Of course.. take care of him."
Alright Monokuma, let's get this over with."
"Righto! Now, I've prepared a special punishment for Y/N L/N! The ultimate Singer!"
Kaito tries to run after me, but maki stops him.
"Take care."
And after those final words, I was lured to my death. You know what's funny? Our minds try to convince us that people like us and that life is worth living. But it really isn't. There isn't any point. There's always someone who your beloved chooses over you.. always.

- 1,050 words.