02. {car ride with billy}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"i thought you were going to dress up." max smiled at felicity, who was leaning against her locker.

the two girls didn't have a chance to talk properly today as they had no classes together that day. luckily, their lockers were right opposite each other so they could catch up there.

"never agreed to that." felicity shook her head. "the only people who did were those boys."

'those boys' consisted of mike wheeler, lucas sinclair, will byers and dustin henderson - the boys who hadn't stopped staring at the girls who just joined their school. the four had come into school wearing matching ghostbusters outfits. one egon spengler, one ray stantz but two peter venkmans.

max laughed with a nod, "you're right."

"speaking of..."

the curly-haired boy cleared his throat as max was about to slam her locker door shut. "um... hi, felicity, max." dustin greeted, "i'm dustin, and this is-"

"lucas!" the boy beside him spoke up, positioning his arm out for one of them to shake.

felicity reached forward and politely shook his hand, leaving him with a giant grin on his face.

"yeah, we know." max nodded, "the stalkers."

"two out of four of them at least." felicity counted.

"what?"

"no, no, no."

"we weren't-"

max and felicity shared a glance as the boys stumbled over their words. they couldn't even deny it as they'd been watching max due to her incredibly high score on dig dug. in addition, they were fascinated by felicity because of her knowledge and impulsive statements in class.

"no, we weren't stalking you!"

"no, we were just concerned because, you know, you're both new and all." dustin explained.

"right." felicity nodded, her arms crossed. despite everything, she quite liked these boys and was pleased they craved her and max's attention.

"yeah, for your safety," lucas added.

"mmm-hmm." dustin spoke, "there are a lot of bullies here."

"so many bullies."

"it's crazy."

"yeah."

"is that why you two are wearing proton packs?" max asked before peeking over at felicity to see her response.

the jeong girl didn't bother to hide their smile, "it's a part of their costume, creates verisimilitude."

"verisimili-what?"