ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁴

Jiwon was lying in bed next to Riki, pretending to be asleep, but her thoughts were running wild. She couldn't help but notice how attractive Riki looked as he changed into his clothes, with his muscular body and abs on display. Jiwon's face turned red as she scolded herself for having such thoughts about her best friend.

She tried to calm herself down and remind herself that Riki was just her friend, but her mind kept racing. She wanted to scream and let out her frustration, but she kept calm and attempted to focus on her breathing.

Meanwhile, Riki was unaware of Jiwon's internal struggle and lay down next to her, drained from the day's events.

After a few minutes, silence fell between them as Jiwon quietly reached for her phone. She began typing a message to her mom:

Mom, I'm staying at Riki's tonight so don't worry. Also, I told Wonnie already that I'm going with him. Good night! Love you ❤
She sent the message and turned off her phone, placing it quietly on the floor next to her.

"Aren't you sleeping?" Riki's voice made her jump.

"God, you startled me," Jiwon let out in relief after seeing Riki.

"Aren't I the one who is supposed to ask you that question?" she retorted.

"I can't fall asleep," Riki responded in his hoarse voice.
"How are you feeling? You fell asleep earlier, are you resting enough?" Jiwon sighed, "You know, I love feeling like someone cares about me, and thanks to you I'm fine, Riki," she told, placing her hand on his and turning to face him.

They were now lying facing each other, staring into each other's eyes.

"Can I ask you something, Jiwon?" Riki questioned.

"Of course," she answered.

"What do you think about the rumors? Do you think they'll end soon?" he asked, totally curious."I'm not sure, Riki," Jiwon replied thoughtfully. "Rumors have a way of sticking around, but hopefully, people will eventually move on and forget about them. We just have to stay strong and not let them get to us."

Riki nodded in agreement, "Yeah, you're right. We just need to keep our heads up and not let them affect our us" Jiwon smiled at him, "Exactly! now let's do something fun to take our minds off things. How about we watch a movie?"

Riki giggled, "There's no school tomorrow, so we have all night!" he taunted, throwing the blanket on her face. She sulked, and he muttered, "Cute."
Riki then grabbed his phone and unlocked it, taking some more selfies of her and them smiling after observing the photos.
Jiwon took the remote and browsed through the movies until she found a romantic one that caught her eye. They settled in to watch the film, enjoying each other's company and forgetting about the outside world for a while.

The movie was still playing, but Riki's eyes were fixed on Jiwon, who had fallen asleep in the first few minutes. She looked so peaceful and cute that Riki couldn't resist taking more pictures of her with his phone.

He paused the movie and turned off the TV, then lay back next to Jiwon. Without thinking, he pulled her close, wrapping his arms around her waist and resting her head on his chest.

"Is that okay?" he whispered.
Jiwon nodded, feeling unsure but comforted by Riki's embrace. He tightened his grip, a small smile on his face.

Jiwon was shocked, her face turning red. Thankfully, Riki couldn't see her blush as her face was buried in his chest.