~Ballroom Dancing (Litz)~

Hoo boy, it's time to write some Litz. I knew I would have to do it sooner or later if I kept this book open, I just didn't think it would be this soon.

Okay, I'm gonna be really blunt here and say this is one of the worst ships in the fandom. At least, one of the worst LEGAL ships.

Okay, number one, Linh is a mega lesbian and you cannot tell me otherwise. Also, I feel like in a relationship Fitz would need someone to be able to call him out for his bullshit and love him at the same time, *cough cough* DEX *cough cough*, and I simply don't think Linh would be able to do that on her own. Sorry Litz shippers, but this is possibly just as bad as Sophitz in my opinion.

Litz honestly gives me sophisticated, fancy, two lovers dancing in a ballroom alone at midnight kind of vibes. So that's exactly what I'm going to write.

Alright, let's get this over with, shall we?

________________________________________________________________________________

✩Linh's POV✩

The ballroom was quiet and empty. No sounds to be heard, except for when I took a step in my night slippers and jumped at the noise, despite it only being a soft clack against the pristine tiled floor.

I didn't know what I was doing here. I forgot. I remember waking up as the moon was at its highest point in the sky, and not being able to go back to sleep. And then this random urge hit me, the urge to go downstairs quietly and make my way to the ballroom.

And that's where I was. Standing in the massive, empty, cold room while pale moonlight seeped through the giant windows and royal blue curtains, wearing a nightgown and slippers. The silence in the room made me feel on edge, standing still with anticipation, waiting for someone to break the silence.

"Hello?" a low voice whispered behind me. I jumped and whipped my head around, to see a boy with a chiseled jaw and striking teal eyes standing behind me curiously.

"Um, hi," I said awkwardly. "What are you doing here?"

"I couldn't sleep," the boy answered honestly, shrugging. "Plus, I kinda wanted to explore."

I cracked a smile. "You're the Vacker boy, right? I saw you at dinner this evening." My mind replayed the scant memories of talking to the boy, or hearing about him. My parents invited his parents to stay in the mansion while they settled some legal affairs, and I guess their kids came with them. I didn't really pay attention to any of the families my parents invited to dine, especially after the countless times they'd done it. It became a normality, to have people I didn't know using guest bedrooms across the house somewhere. The mansion was so big, it was easy to forget they existed.

The boy with the teal eyes nodded. "I'm sorry if it's a little rude to be exploring, the guest room just feels a little..."

"Suffocating?" I inferred. The boy smiled at me kindly.

"Precisely." He paused, raising his eyebrows with suspicion. "Wait, why are you here?"

I flushed a light pink, fidgeting with my nails behind my back. "Same with you. I couldn't sleep."

The boy's teal eyes crinkled with amusement at the corners. He stretched out his hand to me for me to shake. "Well, that's one thing we have in common. What's your name again?"

I smiled again, shaking his hand firmly. "Linh Song. What's yours?"

"Fitz. Fitz Vacker," he answered, pulling his hand away. I noticed he was still wearing the suit he wore at dinner; he obviously didn't bother to change. Or maybe he just liked the fabric.

"Care to dance?" he asked me so quietly, part of me thought I imagined the words.

"What?" I asked him, a light pink blush creeping up my face.

"Would you like to dance?" I repeated, stretching out his hand again. I blinked, before nodding and resting my hand on his, gripping it gently. He put his hand on my waist, his gaze flickering to mine to spot any sign of discomfort. I rested my free hand on his shoulders and synced my steps with his.

"My mother taught me this one," Fitz whispered to nobody in particular as she slowly made a small circle with his feet. He kept mumbling numbers to himself as we danced, sounding almost incoherent.

"Mine too," I whispered back as he lifted me off the ground and spun me around in the air, setting me down quickly. His teal gaze burned into mine, scorching my irises. But for some reason it was impossible to look away. 

I felt a blush darken my cheeks noticeably, but I couldn't find myself to care. I smiled nervously at him as he stopped dancing, looking into my eyes with a blank, unreadable expression.

"Are you okay?" I asked him quietly. He jumped slightly and turned a soft crimson color, looking at the stars through the window instead.

"Er, yes," he reassured me, resuming the waltz. He let go of my waist, twirling me around elegantly. I grinned as the dance picked up speed, his feet moving faster with the nonexistent melody playing in our heads.

He bent his knee for one last dip, tilting me precariously over the hard tiled floor, but not letting me go. He smiled, and set me upright.

"I think I should go to bed," he said smoothly, his eyes sparkling with amusement again. "You should too, probably."

I felt my cheeks warm up. "Probably," I agreed, shaking his hand one last time before running off to my bedroom.

I quietly closed the creaking door, before bolting to my large light blue princess bed and burying my head in the pillows to calm myself. What did I need to calm myself for? I had no idea.

________________________________________________________________________________

I actually heavily enjoyed writing this lol :D alright bye everyone <33