ch. 4

__________

Close enough
______

She smiled, "I can show you to your room" She invited. "Cool cool" I nodded, creeped out of my mind...

She placed a hand on my back, making me jump and directed me out of the room and into the hallway. "Sorry about Jayme" She said and I turned to look at her. "Why are you being so nice to me?" I asked, making Sloane smile. We took a turn down another hallway.

"We took your brother before you but he didn't have any information so we gave him back" She explained. "Which one?" I responded as we walked. "Luther" Sloane hummed making me snort. Another turn towards the stairs.

"And he didn't know shit either so you guys took me instead?" I let out a laugh, walking slowly up the stairs. "Im not even actually apart of the family, why me?" I added, watching her get to the top after me. She smiled again, although this one had hints of melancholy.

"You are a familiar face" Sloane nodded, bringing her hands to the back of her and holding them. I furrowed my eyebrows. Is this related to the whole 'Jennifer' thing? We walked some more when I heard a creak making me spin around. I looked around... nothing.

Sloane gave me a confused look before we started our walk again and I stayed on high alert incase of any set up situation that could happen. I don't know how these Sparrows work but I know Diego would definitely follow a hostage if we had one. Paranoid ass.

"Well, here we are" She said letting go of her hands and letting them swing forward, clapping them together. "Oh" I stated, looking around to find myself back at the hallway I was before, surrounded by doors to bedrooms.

When I leaned my head in I found a blank, empty room with a single bed in the corner. Im guessing the extra room is where disco square would've gone if it wasn't,, a cube. When I turned back around Sloane was gone and I was alone until I noticed out of the corner of my eye a silhouette barely noticeable behind a pillar.

I took a deep breath and continued on like it was nothing, trying my best not to show this person I knew they were there. This was probably the creak I heard earlier...

I took a step into the room and looked around. And when I say it looked like an asylum room, I mean it looked like a fucking asylum room. Truly, I was about to get murdered in here. I sighed and looked out the window next to the bed, I tried to push it open but it was screwed shut.

"Thought so" I said to myself before I heard the door close behind me making me jump. I spun around and ran towards it. I tried the door handle but it wouldn't budge. "Fuck" I hissed, jiggling the door handle before eventually pounding my fist against the door out of anger.

"Yeah great [Y/N], now you're gonna get murdered." I groaned, bringing my other arm up and leaning it against the door like my left. I slammed my head on the door, leaving it there and I shut my eyes.

"Cool cool cool cool cool" I repeated to myself as I pushed myself off the door and brought my hands to my forehead, pacing around the room. "Probably have knives hidden in the mattress too" I ranted, falling to the ground to sit.

I let out a long groan. How long am I gonna be in here? What the fuck is happening? "'NOT GONNA HURT ME' MY ASS" I yelled, knowing no one was gonna hear me. I slammed the palm of my hand into my forehead repeatedly.