𝟬𝟭 silent encounter

BABYSITTING GIG GONE WRONG!
chapter one: silent encounter

NEW YORK, VOUGHT TOWER
1981

THE CREST OF THE MOON SHINES, ITS MOONLIGHT DANCING THROUGH THE NIGHT. Jade gazed at her reflection, a poker face resting on her features. Her green satin dress flowed sensually around her figure, making her desirable to stare at, especially with the v-cut on her chest. Her brown hair was straightened, long and sat down nicely at her shoulders. She knew exactly why Edgar wanted her dressed this way, instead of her Supe uniform...

And she despises it.

The door creaked open and a woman with professional attire poked her head through, "Okay Miss, the room is ready for you. Mister Edgar said you'd be ready for this." The preppy assistant then scurried off quickly, intimidated by the women. Left alone, Jade sighed, her hands clenched hard into a fist before dropping limp.

It took her a few second before she could plaster that 'smile.' Ready, she opened the door and walked on, her heels clicking on the tiled floor. From the basement to the roof of the tower this place had nothing but cruel intentions... it's suffocating. She didn't even need to be an empath to feel the dread and disgust, the greet and guilt.

She waited behind the stage, spinning the golden ring on her right finger. Then, Edgar spoke, tapping on his glass of wine, "Today, ladies and gentlemen, I've brought to Payback a new teammate. She is who I recognize to be one of the most proficient people I've ever met in my life. Introducing the greatest addition to Payback, Jade!"

The crowd applauded, some paused once the woman steps out of the shadows. Jade smiled brightly, waving and standing next to Edgar. He smiled proudly at her, "Jade will only be known by the people in this room. She is classified to the public for now."

The small crowd dispersed, Edgar whispered to her, "Be friendly." Jade really wanted to roll her eyes, it was the same phrase he always used. Be welcoming, be happy and grateful, show it a lot more than how you actually feel.

And at the moment, she really didn't feel it. There were only powerful people here, senators, a few congress members, big companies and most importantly, Payback. The moment she stepped off the stage, Jade was met with green. A man in a greenish suit stood proudly, a smirk on his face, "What's your name beauty." His attempt of charm blew past her immediately,only making her wonder if he listened at all minutes prior.

Her interest lost, Jade maintained her relaxed computer, smiling at him, "Jade, just Jade." By the way her stared at her, transfixed by her bosoms, she knew he didn't get the memo. Ego not once bruised, he offered his hand, "Names Soldier Boy, but you can call me Ben."

"Ben, quick nagging the new girl," the woman behind Soldier Boy interrupted, slightly shoving him away to greet Jade, "Crimson Countess." Jade notes how the suit compliments the Countess, the different shades of red were nicely used, blending perfectly with her bright red hair. She wonders if the woman had it dyed to become that vibrant or if it's natural.

Jade hummed, taking a glass of wine from one of the workers plate, "Jade. Your outfit is beautiful." The Countess shrugged, smirking playfully as she whipped her scarlet hair back in place, "Thanks," she dragged off Soldier Boy. Jade swallowed a sip of the red wine, wondering if she can drink a few more in order to get through the night.  Then again, she's reminded alcohol is ineffective to her body.

Edgar's voice sounded, tapped his glass as people went silent, "Tomorrow training begins with are new recruit, each of you will fight against her. That'll be all"  With that comment, Edgar walked into a hoard of senates and representatives in a banquet.