Thunderstone Chapter 1

I hear a voice. A teenage male voice, Hey! Are you okay?" I open my eyes to the strange voice in front of me. A light yellow, pink-cheeked Pichu was looking down at me. "Are you okay?", He said once again. I quickly got up and noticed that I was about his height.

"Why am I so small?!"

"Small? An eevee was always the same height as you are."

"Eevee? What?! I'm not an Eevee! I'm human!"

"Human? Your brown fur, long ears, and paws say otherwise."

I look down at my body and scream. "Hey! Calm down! You're going to disrupt everyone in the pokemon village!", the small pichu put his finger over my mouth. Pokemon Village? There is a village for pokemon? All my life I thought it was tall grass and sea, but was I wrong. "C'mon, I'll show you." He took my paw as he lead the way.

  As we arrived, he walked me down between homes and restaurants until we saw a huge crowd that blocked our path. "What is going on?", I questioned. "It's the Pokemon rescue team.", he replied. I looked at the pokemon crowding and cheering a Charizard, Luxray, and a Tyranitar. "Who are they?" I said. The crowd stopped cheering, looked toward my way, and created a small path for the rescue team to make their way to me. "Awh! An Eevee, how adorable!", Tyranitar teased as he made his way to me. "I'm no Eevee! I'm human!", I yelled as I forgot that I was a pokemon. The crowd laughed at me while Pichu facepalmed over what I have just said. There was no way I could change my first impression towards everyone, so I might as well finish what I just started, "Yeah! I'm human and once I'm human again, we will see who is the cute one now!"  I made the crowd laugh harder than before. I stomped away In anger as Pichu ran after me, "Hey wait! you're going the opposite direction!"

"No I'm not."

"You're heading towards the tall grass!"

"exactly."

"You're going to get hurt!"

"Why do you care?"

After what seemed to upset the Pichu, he stood there as I walked away into the tall grass.

  Three raticates followed me, "Hey you don't belong here!" I continued walking even though I knew that I didn't belong in their territory. In fact, I didn't belong in this body. "Hey!", they yelled once again and chased me down. "Let go of me!" I screamed. I was pinned down as they bit and tackled me one at a time. The village heard my loud cry from a far. "Someone is in trouble!", Charizard flew out of the village while Luxray and Tyranitar chased after. After another session of my screaming, the Pichu ran after the rescue team in the tall grass. "Guys, Split up!", Charizard yelled. They all went into different directions as  the Pichu ran wherever he could hear me best. I was spotted by the Pichu minutes later. Pichu volt tackled one of the Raticates. He also taken some damage, but he managed to get back up. "Give me a helping hand!", the Pichu yelled as he dodged one of the other Raticate's attacks. And so I did give him a helping hand, which made Pichu's attack stronger to knock out the other Raticates.

  By the time Charizard, Luxray, and Tyranitar came over to Pichu and I, The Raticates fled.

"You're awfully strong for a Pichu, Y'know.", Luxray said. Charizard added on from Luxray, "Especially for a level, what? 10?" the Pichu looked down to the ground. It looked like he wanted to say something, but couldn't seem to spit it out. "We better get going. We don't want to set off any other rodents.", Pichu sighed.

  As Zachary and I walked back to the village, I asked, "Hey, we never introduced ourselves to each other."

"Right. I'm Zachary."

"I'm Nyla."

"Nyla? What a lovely name."

"Thanks, It was my birthday gift."

Zachary chuckled at my lame joke. His chuckle made me laugh and so we ended up laughing until we got to his place. "This is your home?", I asked.

"Yeah. It's not big like the others, but I manage to live in it."

"At least you got a home."

"Right. I forgot about that... Hey look, Why don't you spend a few nights at my place?"

"Are you sure? I don't want to be a bother."

"Actually, I would like some company. I'm normally alone."

Zachary opened the door for me and welcomed me inside. It was small, yet a lovely place. I would have never imagined that pokemon had homes just like we do. Well, when I was human. Zachary walked over to me and handed me a poke puff, "I'm sure you're hun-." I took the poke puff and consumed it faster than Zachary could finish his sentence. I looked to my right and noticed a poster of the rescue team members that tried to save me from those rodents. "Why do you have a poster of the rescue team members", I asked Zachary.

"For Inspiration."

"Inspiration? For what Exactly?"

Zachary looked down to the ground and sighed. I didn't know If I upsetted him by my questioning or curiosity. "Zachary?", I said.

"I want to be like them one day. I want to go out and save pokemon."

"You saved me, Zachary."

"You don't count."

He was actually right, I didn't count as a pokemon. "Besides, I'll never evolve. My thunderstone is a waste and so am I.", Zachary added.

"Don't ever say you're a waste because that's not true. And what makes you think that you can't evolve? You're only level 10."

"Level 32, actually."

I was speechless. I didn't know what to say or do. A Pichu should never be level 32 unless there was something totally wrong. Until it clicked into my head, Maybe there was something wrong. "Zachary, Are you happy?", I said.

"Happy?"

"Yeah, happy." Are you happy?"

he looked back to the ground and there it was. The cause of this problem was his lack of happiness. Being different from the crowd, It started to become noticeable.

  Later that day I laid on the couch with Zachary as we talked some more. "We should start a rescue team.", I said.

"A what?!"

"I'm sorry, Did I stutter?"

Zachary blushed, "No female has ever joined a rescue team before! But it's not likely that we could be a rescue team. I mean, look at ourselves. I'm just a Pichu who looks about level 10. You're just an Eevee who just got her ass kicked today."

He was right. We weren't good enough to start a rescue team, but I only knew this would make Zachary happy. "Lets start one. All we have to do is look for offers and BAM, we are a team!", I said.

"I'm sorry, It just doesn't work that way."

"Then I'll make it work that way."

I didn't know pretty much anything about rescue teams, but I know somewhat of the concept about it. You fight and save pokemon. Sounds simple. In my own head, at least. "Let's go check out some missions we can do tomorrow.", I said.

"You don't know anything about rescue teams, now do you?"

I laughed, "Not a thing."