Prologue

Y/N Hargreeves sat on the floor of her carpet, eyes closed, music blasting from her headphones. She tilted her head and mouthed along with the words silently. Suddenly, she opened her eyes. 

Something was wrong. Something didn't feel right. Someone was gone. Again. 

She stood up and picked up the remote, flicking through the channels until she found the one she wanted. 

"Eccentric Billionaire Reginald Hargreeves was reported dead this morning"

Her heart dropped. True, her father wasn't her favorite person, but she still owed him her life. She kept her tears at bay, then trudged to her room to pack her things, getting ready to go back home and face her family, fears, and worst of all, her former love, Ben. 

She stuffed her bag with her iPod, headphones, phone, and the small locket with a small picture of her and Ben smiling happily. She loved and hated it at the same time. It was took some time before his death. She loved how he was so calm when he died, how he accepted it as he was slowly slipping away. She hated how easily she let him go. How she didn't arrive and save him in time. She blamed herself for years before she finally got over it, and tried to forget about her past life. 

She started fresh in a new city, only using her powers when she needed to. The physical reminder that she is-- was, part of the Umbrella Academy was her locket and old uniform tucked in the back of her closet.

Y/N sighed, and slipped on her bag, starting her car, heading back to her old home. Or as she called it, the house full of nightmares. 

AN: Hi guys, this is my first book. So basically, Y/N's power is that she can sing, and when she does, she can control things. It's sort of like telekinesis and mind control, but she needs to sing to activate it. Also music starts automatically when she starts singing. It's sort of like that kind of Disney princess thing, but it's much more complicated.