ʚ1ɞ

Aether was never the type to let people down

Aether was never the type to let people down. So, after he had finally completed all the leftover things he needed to do in Mondstadt, the blond haired male  left for his next nation; Liyue. For years and years, Liyue's people have worshipped Rex Lapis, who had formed what is now known as the city of contracts. Rex Lapis had protected its people for centuries, and now Aether was here to see it. There was no way he would pass on this opportunity!

As he arrived at the stone gate, his jaw dropped. Literally. Paimon began to worry about him. The two walked further into Liyue, and soon enough they had a clear view of Wangshu Inn. He was told that he was to stay there while he was visiting Liyue, but for now his job was to go to the Harbor, which is known as one of the most popular parts of the nation.

Aether was told awhile back about some tradition in Liyue called "The rite of descension." It happens once yearly and the citizens of Liyue are able to witness Rex Lapis himself.

The sky started to grow darker, although they had barely even reached the harbor. The traveler decided they would just crash at Wangshu Inn for the night, and go to the rite of descension tomorrow, when it was scheduled to happen. The traveler had gone up the steps of the inn, only to see that they had been all broken and were missing some floorboards here and there. He used the elevator instead.... (why didn't he do that in the first place? I don't know!)

The blond was tired after he and his companion had traveled all the way from the city of Mondstadt to Dihua Marsh. He dragged his feet as he walked to the registry, greeted by a lady who seemed to be in her 30's.

"Ah! Hello there, and welcome to Wangshu Inn, how may I be of service to you?"

"Hi, could I get a room for 1 please?"

"Of course, sir! And how many nights will you be staying?"

"Uhm, I'm not quite sure yet.. I'll just start with 3 nights for now."

"It's quite alright! That'll be 9000 mora."

"Alright."

Aether took a pouch of mora out of his bag, handing it to the lady behind the desk.

"Thank you! Enjoy your stay."

"I will! Thank you!"

The traveler was handed a key, with a number carved into it, reading "492." As he walked away to go find his room for the next couple nights, he caught a glimpse of a man standing on the balcony. But, he paid no attention to it. It's not like they'll meet again, right?

Once he found his room, Paimon immediately went over to the couch and relaxed herself... wait a minute.. is she floating even when laying down?! Never would have seen that coming. Aether laughed at his small fairy-like companion, walking over to his bed.

He sat down, taking off his armor and then getting settled into bed, falling asleep almost instantly.

Too bad he had missed the green smoke coming from out the window.