prolouge

I look out the window and then back at the chaos of the plane. Everyone's panicking because of what the pilots announced a moment ago, about how we did not have enough fuel and had to turn around.

Oh. They're not panicking because of that. I use my quirk-heightened senses to hone in on the conversation around me.

They may crash the plane? Oh. Hopefully not. Although I should be panicking like everyone else, based on their worried murmurs, I remain strangely calm amongst the chaos.

Suddenly the overhead speakers crackle alive. Now the worried, scared whispers of the travelers hush, straining so they could hear what the captain was saying, each worried about the safety of themselves and their families.

"Hello everyone! Please remain calm as me and your lovely crew members work to get you all safely back on the ground of Japan. I know this entire situation is an awful inconvenience, but if you could please bear with me as we continue back to regain our fuel."

As soon as the pilot stops talking, the cackles from the speakers stop. Murmurs from other passengers start up again. I should be scared, or at least nervous about this whole situation, but for some reason I'm not. I never am anymore. After losing both parents and being put into foster care, I don't seem to be fazed by much. Out of the corner of my eye I glance at my foster parents. They don't notice what I notice. Which are most things.

Both of them are talking to each other, not even paying attention to me, like they usually do. They're alright for foster parents. They let me do my own thing as long as I'm home before dark and I have my phone on me. They pretty much ignore me the rest of the time.

I'm shaken out of my thoughts by the shaking of the plane.

"Just a little bit of turbulence, folks. Once we get out of it, we can safely land back in Japan!" Is all we hear from the pilot.

There's a lot more shaking as we pass through the storm. Everyone is in a state of silent shock, gripping their armrests tightly. All I could do in my state of panic is grip my armrest like everyone else and watch passenger's panic.

The whole plane went dark. They turned off the lights, no phones are on in case they cause issues, and all the windows have been closed. I activate my quirk. I can see how people are feeling based on their auras. It works better when it's darker.

Most of the passengers' auras are ranging shades of brown. They're all scared. Some more, some less, but scared to some extent.

That is my last thought before a particularly hard shake of the plane knocks me out.