⤷ 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋

DOWNFALL

DOWNFALL . SNEAK PEAK

▅▅▅

      "What do you want from me?" you asked.

     "Want is too shallow of a word, I'm afraid." Pantalone pivoted the heel of his shoe to face you directly. His eyes, illuminated by the fickle candle of the room, glimmered in determination— one you haven't seen yourself since the day he hired you. He looked like a judge in a courtroom, a verdict ready to roll out of his tongue. But behind it, there was a hint of discomposure.

     What had made this man who was so sure of his principles falter?

     "I do not care for the welfare of others. But you," he breathed, marching in your direction. He reached out to hold the tip of your chin, his thumb gently caressing the skin of your face as if you were porcelain. "You make me irrational. Emotional. You make me feel weak. Do you realize how much of a problem that is for me?"

     You leaned into his touch, answering, "Then kill me. You know I do not want to become a liability to you."

     Pantalone heaved a sigh, now gingerly cupping your face while his eyes admired your features, like a jeweler inspecting the rarest of all gems. So pristine. So inimitable. And now that treasured jewel stared back at him with an unwavering gaze.

     How he revered your attention. "I can't,"

     "Why not?"

❝I CANNOT KILL YOU, FOR YOUR END WILL BECOME MY ETERNAL DAMNATION.❞

     He was prepared to throw away everything despite knowing you'd become his greatest downfall.

▅▅▅

 [ pantalone x gender neutral. reader ]
[ second POV reader , third POV Pantalone ]

07.14.22