My Forever

A/N: This was a request I received from Tumblr that I thought of sharing on here :)

"ghost!jk one shot where he died and he watches reader go through the grief and then watches her as she eventually moves on. Thanks in advance! <3 "

Warning / Trigger Warning: Death, Suicidal attempt (Please don't read if this topic is too sensitive)

Your eyes tear up the moment they land on the man kneeling down before you with a red box in the palm of his hand

At the sight of your tears, Jungkook can feel himself begin to choke up. He lets out a chuckle, "love I didn't even say anything yet," he teases with a grin.

Though your eyes are starting to get blurry, you just nod your head excitedly, "I don't care, my answer is yes."

Jungkook blinks, "Y/n, I had a whole speech-"

"Screw the speech," you interrupted him, tears stinging your eyes as you were finding it hard to stay focused without sobbing.

He raises a brow but shakes his head with a light chuckle, "alright, Y/n will you make me the happiest man-"

"Yes-" you smack your hand over your mouth, clearly too impatient for your own good.

He laughs before looking up at you with those adoring eyes you've fallen for a long time ago, "Will you-"

"Yes-"

"Baby you have to let me finish."

You wipe your tears with your sleeve, sending him a sheepish grin through your hands, "s-sorry."

He just shakes his head, his smile never leaving his face as he looks up at you, his eyes softening at your tear stricken face, "Y/n Y/l/n, will you marry me," he finally whispers, opening the red box to show you the impressive diamond situated in the center of the ring.

Your eyes widen as you stare down at the love of your life proposing to you. You were so stunned that your mind went completely blank.

He furrows his brows when you just stare at him, like a statue frozen in place.

He leans forwards with a soft chuckle, "love, this is the part where you say yes," he whispers, his eyes twinkling with amusement.

You choke back a sob as you nearly tackle the man by wrapping your arms around his shoulder, he falters slightly but manages to steady both you and himself with an arm wrapped around your waist.

"Yes," you cry out against his shoulder.

His eyes widen slightly before they begin to well up with tears, "yes?"

You nod your head rapidly, "yes! A million times yes!" You laugh happily, your head nodding in excitement.

Jungkook lets out a breath he had no idea he was holding as his arms circle around you into a tight hug. His head buried in the crook of your neck, "thank you baby," he rasps out.