You Contain Multitudes

Sunsets in Ataraxia had always been one of the most glorious sights in all of Ardonia. They held an enchanting weave of colors you wouldn't normally see many other places- hot pink, magenta, dark purples and blood oranges- all smeared together like paint on a canvas. The people who lived there enjoyed watching the spectacular shades melt into dark night, which even then remained a deep royal blue- at least on clear nights. Tonight was to be the year's only blue moon- and in the Ardoni's calendar marked the first day of the summer solstice. On this night they held their annual Twilight Festival- It was a sacred celebration, one that contained many mysteries, magic, and stories. With islands of land suspended in the air, you could get the perfect view of the moon's blue-brushed surface.

And yet, Amias hadn't seen it.

Not in Ataraxia, at least. Not in years.

After looking over the children for a big chunk of the day the Voltaris was usually left exhausted. Galleous took care of them in late afternoons and evenings, if he didn't have to be in the forge. Keeping the littles out of all the perilous equipment the blacksmith owned had proven to be a hassle. As the children had gotten older, it seemed more and more of his time and energy was being consumed, and though Amias loved them with all of his heart and more, it was taking quite a toll on him, leaving him to crawl into bed far earlier than most.

Which was where he currently laid, curled up comfortably in the nest he shared with Galleous.

"You can't miss it this time."

The foggy state between consciousness and dreaming dissipated like a cloud of warm steam, and Amias was stirred from his hazy stupor, ears perking up at the sound of his mate's voice. The world still felt oh-so cozy and airy, he really didn't want to move.. He smacked his lips quietly and burrowed himself further into the nest. Just as he was starting to close his eyes again he heard a cough- Amias groaned and scrunched his sleepy eyes up at the Sendaris standing over his bed. Galleous only stared back, unimpressed, looking like he had half a mind to drag him out of the bed himself.

"I need to go to sleep early..." Amias grumbled tiredly, grunting and flopping back on his other side. Why was he in here anyway? He should be watching the kids..

"One night won't do you any harm. And this one is special."

His ear flicked lazily at that. Tonight would be Twilight Night, where many young Ardoni would inherit songs from their families and begin the long process in training with them. The last thing he wanted to do was go to some loud and crowded ceremony. Amias could feel the nest shift as the blacksmith sat on its edge, and he sank his claws into the many soft layers to prevent himself from sliding to the side.

"You know how loud they get." He raised his head a little before indignantly slamming it back down on a pillow, determined to get back to his peaceful slumber.

"I was not planning on going down to the festival this year. We could do something, just us." Galleous huffed with a smile and leaned over him, lightly pressing his lips to Amias' forehead. The Voltaris felt far too tired to blush, only breathing softly in comfort as a smile finally tugged at his lips. "The moon will rise soon, though. So, get up."

That did sound nice.. Amias gradually willed himself awake and wriggled up to his elbows, rubbing an eye as he turned to Galleous. "Just us? What about the-"

"Zulleous, Zyfer and Adonis are already with our caretaker for the night. There's no need to worry."

That seemed to wake him up.

Amias immediately sprung up, hurriedly glancing out the entrance. He hadn't known Galleous would be placing the kids somewhere, for a night, he hadn't even asked him! The littles hadn't spent the night there before, they hadn't spent the night anywhere but home!