~Go To Sleep (Fedex)~

Hello everyone! Today I will be writing a request made by sophitz4life7, who, ironically, is a Fedex shipper. Might wanna get your username changed there, dude.

If there's one thing to know about me, it's that I am obsessed with rain. Rain is awesome. Change my mind. Too bad I live in California, where it barely ever rains. Sad. :/

And yes, I know the plot to this oneshot is basically the same thing as the Dexerella one I wrote a while ago. I don't care, fuck off.

Alright, let's do this.

________________________________________________________________________________

✩Fitz's POV✩

Oh, shit. Clouds rumbled over my head as I trekked up the snowy mountains. The sky looked grey and angry as big white snowflakes fell down from the sky, onto the wet, cold ground. Rimeshire held a warm, cozy glow when compared to the stormy clouds overhead. I picked up my pace as flecks of snow started to fall onto my face, scattering my cheeks like freckles and sprinkling into my dark brown hair. I probably looked like a cup of marshmallow topped hot cocoa right about now.

I breathed out a sigh of relief as I reached the porch and a gust of warm air hit me from the inside. The windows glowed a bright golden from the lanterns in the living room, and the smell of pumpkin pie tickled the inside of my nose.

A tiny pitter patter of feet scurried to the door, but it wasn't Dex. I looked down to see three familiar faces looking at me with big periwinkle eyes.

"Hey, Fitz," Lex said cheerfully. "Dex is in his room, being boring."

I sighed, not responding as I breezed past the triplets towards the room at the very end of the crystalized hall that reminded me a lot of Everglen with its pristine, icy walls. They seemed to feel a little cozier, though, than the ever-changing hues of crystals walls in the Everglen halls. More welcoming, more like home.

Rimeshire had become something of a second home for me these days, when I didn't feel like putting up with taking off my apron and oven mitts every time someone that wasn't Biana came down the stairs. Kesler and Juline were debating turning one of their guest rooms into a personal kitchen for me, and another guest room into my own personal bedroom in the house. It was a dream come true, to be accepted into Dex's family like this. I told them they didn't need to be so generous, but Dex told me that they've got their mind set now, and it's only a matter of time before they surprise me with my very own kitchen. I don't know whether to feel happy or guilty.

Maybe both, I noted to myself as I lightly rapped on the periwinkle door. "You can come in," a distracted voice said, muffled by the wooden plank between us.

Dex's room was just as messy as ever; pieces of gadgets and screws and little tinkles littered the floors and desk. It was hard to locate Dex's strawberry blonde head of hair against the carpet of metal draping over everything in the room.

"Hello," he mumbled, not taking his eyes off of the bulky computer on his desk showing numbers and symbols I didn't understand.

"Hello," I said, kissing his cheek and clearing off an extra rolling chair on the other side of the room of metal scraps to sit on. I scooted the chair closer to him, to watch him work. His periwinkle irises drooped with exhaustion, dark purple bags hanging from under his eyes like cobwebs. His strawberry blonde hair was tangled and grayish, about as clean as a rat's nest.

"You look terrible," I whispered to him, making him crack up and bang his head against the keyboard of his computer repeatedly.

"Thank you?" he said between laughs, before leaning back into his chair with a groan. "Oh god, even laughing makes me want to die right now."

"Please don't?" I asked him, making him crack up again. His tired periwinkle eyes crinkled at the corners adorably.

"I'll try," he mumbled, reaching to the side of his desk and gulping down a vat of black coffee. He breathed out a sigh of relief as he swallowed the bitter liquid. "Much better."

"You need some sleep," I told him very matter-of-factly. He smiled at me, then shook his head.

"Not until I finish this," he said, turning his attention back to his flashing screen.

"Dexter Alvin Dizznee, I will kiss you if you don't turn off that computer and go to sleep within the next five seconds," I declared firmly. Dex turned to me and smirked, moving his chair closer to mine so the edges of them were bumping.

"Is this seriously supposed to make me want to go to sleep?" he chuckled softly. I smiled, cupping his cheeks with my hands and pressing my lips against his. He pulled me in from the back of my head, fidgeting with the dark brown strands of my hair.

"No," I answered honestly, kissing him again and tasting the lemon vanilla chapstick on his lips. "But please go to sleep. You need to take care of yourself."

Dex raised his eyebrows as I pulled away. "Do I though?"

I laughed. "Yes, dumbass. Go to sleep."

"Fine," Dex mumbled, flopping onto his metal covered bed and pressing the blankets against his chest. "Just stay here until I wake up."

"Already planning on it," I said with a smile as Dex closed his eyes. I couldn't help but keep grinning at him as he breathed in and out peacefully, his breath flicking a strand of his strawberry blonde bangs off his face consistently. His light eyelashes fluttered slightly as a small laugh escaped from his lips and he smiled in his sleep.

The clouds rumbled overhead, and the pattering sound of rain against glass filled the room. I closed the door softly and lied down on the bed, hugging Dex tightly from behind in my arms, eyelids fluttering closed.