Chapter 1: Wingwoman

Hi, everyone! I'm new here. This was supposed to be a oneshot, but I accidentally deleted the old copy, so now this will be an actual story 😭
Anyway, in this story Huey and Jazmine are 17. Riley and Cindy are 15. I wanted to play around with other characters and their ages too. For example, Cristal is 18 in this story, so don't be surprised when you see details like that while reading.

Also, sorry in advance for any errors you may find while reading! Thanks! 💕 vote and comment if you like!

~

"You're gonna hurt yourself," Huey says.

Jazmine is thankful he can't see her devious grin from behind. She ignores him and continues to climb up the counter so she can get a cup from the cabinet.

"You don't care about me, Freeman," she says. "I tried to befriend you last night, and you pushed me away again."

"That wasn't befriending. You're just depraved."

She whips her head around. "There you go again, insulting me! Talk shit again, and I'm telling Daddy you were staring at my tits."

"That "Daddy" you speak of is in his 70s and has back problems."

"What are y'all talkin' so loud for?"

The extra voice startles Jazmine, and she stumbles off of the counter right into Huey's arms. They stay there and awkwardly stare back at Granddad. Huey then comes back to his senses and puts her down.

"Sorry, Daddy." She forces a smile. "Huey was just bullying me while I try to make eggs. You want some?"

Granddad accepts her offer. She denies Huey a plate in a petty manner until she's done cooking. Soon, Sarah joins them for a plate as well. Riley doesn't wake up until noon.

~

"Why doesn't he like me back?"

"Because...you're his stepsister?"

"But we've only known each other for over a month!"

Jazmine hopes the white noise machine keeps the rest of the house from hearing their conversation. Cristal lies on her bed and huffs another cloud of vape smoke.

"Life isn't a porno, Jaz," she says. "Thank God. Plus, it's not that he doesn't like you, he just doesn't want to ruin his Granddad's marriage."

"C'mon, Cris! Have a heart. You can't tell me that out of all the guys you've messed around with, there wasn't one where it was taboo to do so?"

Cristal smirks. "OK, maybe one...or two...or five."

"Exactly. It's not like I want to marry him and have eight kids. Just one time is all I ask."

Cristal sits up. "Maybe you could tell him that."

"I'm scared."

Cristal laughs and puts her head in her hands. "Go, Jaz! Say you wanna borrow his charger or something."

Jazmine gets up and opens the door. Riley almost falls through the doorway after previously trying to listen to her conversation.