𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

When Alex finally arrived at her destination, she was greeted by flames and smoke along with the scattered pieces of the plane. Panic coursed through her veins as she stared at the scene in front of her before she raced into the destruction to find Peter. As she ran around the shards of metal and the fires that littered the sand, the Easton girl's eyes scanned over the terrain around her in search of the Parker boy. It wasn't long before she spotted his unmoving form lying down in the sand surrounded by flames.

The speedster just stared at the brunette boy for a long moment while thinking the worst had been realized. That was until she saw Peter reach up and pull off his mask before carefully pushing himself up into a sitting position. A smile formed on Alex's face as she watched the boy in red slowly forced himself to his feet before his attention was pulled toward something in the distance. The world seemed to slow as the Easton girl followed his gaze to find Adrien Toomes appearing out of the smoke and flying straight toward Spider-Man. Alex's instincts took over before could think as she sprinted forward as fast as she could and tackled Peter out of the way. The force caused the two of them to roll through the sand until they stopped inches away from one of the fires.

Their rapid breathing was in sync as the two teens stayed in the sand and stared at each other with wide eyes. That continued for a moment longer before they looked over to where the Toomes man landed. Sparks flew from the man's wings as he slowly got to his feet and turned around to face the young heroes.

"Hey, Pedro," Adrien said with his glowing green eyes glued to Peter then they landed on the girl standing next to him, "so now the sidekick has a sidekick. That's adorable."

"Did he just call you Pedro?" the Easton girl asked the boy next to her without thinking as her eyebrows furrowed in confusion while keeping her eyes glued to the Toomes man.

"I'm surprised that you're questioning that and not how he called you my sidekick," Peter replied through labored breaths and Alex knew he'd be laughing if they were in any other situation.

Before the speedster had a chance to respond to the web-slinger, the flying man came at them. Alex didn't think twice as she grabbed the Parker boy's arm and sped them out of the way of Adrien's attack. As soon as they were in the clear, Peter turned and shot a stream of webs at the man, only to miss by a few feet. It wasn't long after that when the Toomes man flew toward them once again, causing Spider-Man to push Zephyr out of the way, sending the speedster back into the sand. When Alex looked back toward Peter, she found him pinned to the floor by one of Adrien's metal bird feet while the man repeatedly punched the Parker boy in the face.