ch1 - escape from xero

small guide even though most of us have been on wattpad long enough to know what to do

y/n : your name, of course

y/r : your race, this is dnd so go bonkers

y/c : your class! this one will be fun, but ill be writing under the assumption the reader is a rogue like chip

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧

𝘧𝘸𝘰𝘴𝘩

The subtle sound of a match being lit filled the small room, its flames illuminating the four faces huddled in a circle. Two humans, a boy with brown hair and a cocky aura to him, a girl with red hair and the vibes of a sharpshooter, a resident of the undersea who radiated justice, and a y/r with a similar aura to the human male. 

The boy spoke up, mischief present in his voice as he began to talk to his companions.

"Grab whatever looks valuable, and lets fucking blow this popsicle stand"

the triton, gillion, looked confused at the request and grabbed a crate first, then a box, then Chip, the human male, handed him a barrel. as the race y/r stood to the side, watching the interaction go down, they picked up an apple and started snacking on it as Chip lit a fuse. 

chip grabbed two scimitars, and jay grabbed a musket.

As the group exited the room, they ran into a large burly man. after a... brief interaction with him, Chip, and by proxy y/n vaulted past the man after.

"...uh oh"

y/n muttered to themself as the group ran through a mess hall. Chip, ever the bastard, tried and successfully grabbed some food from the navel patrons. as the explosion rang out, the group somehow jumped out of the tower, looking cool as shit. the group ran across the roofs, playing catch with the barrel as they ran.

Eventually, the crew got on the small boat (and in good conscience, I can't call it a ship it was so small) and set out of port after marshal john held back the impending naval fleet on their tails. thank the gods for gillion and his unending charisma, right?

"now! let's see what we... it's all gun power."

y/n burst out laughing at jays reaction to the "loot" 

"I bet apple just loves that stuff, I mean, all birds do"

this is false information. but nonetheless, gill fed the blue jay some gunpowder. somehow, chip, jay, and y/n convinced gillion to do a kegstand after pranking him, for some reason. it was an interesting time. but after a while, y/n strayed from the group, leaning against the railing closest to the bow of the boat. after a small moment of pause, letting their thoughts calm down and compartmentalize after the events of the day, y/n stared out into the open sea. the wood creaked next to them as the scrappy male took his place next to them, leaning as well.

"you ok, y/n?"

y/n looked over and chuckled.

"what, you worried about me, chip? I guess you really do like me!"

chip lightly punched them in the shoulder, shaking his head as they laughed heartily at his reaction.

"I'm allowed to be worried about my friends! I'm not completely heartless!

"no"

the y/f grinned brightly, poking his face with a laugh.

"but you are a bastard! buuuuut... I'm doing fine I think, just... thinking after everything today. in a good way!"

chip swatted at their hand to no anvil, scowling mockingly before responding.

"Shut it, I'm, not a bastard like- why does everyone call me that?"

"Your parents weren't married right?"

"...yes?"

"then, by definition, you are a bastard. congrats all, it's a bastard boy!!"

"oh fuck you, y/n, so are you!"

Before y/n could respond with a snarky remark of their own, the pair heard jay speak up from the stern. 

"Hey, there's some lemurs! aww, cute little guys..."

Chip and y/n walked over to join gillion and jay, watching in awe as the lemurs danced around in the water in a circle. the small animals then climbed onto the ship, getting into the barrel of gunpower. at almost the same time, jay and y/n had the same revelation.

"hey, arent those-

"lemurs ones that can explode or some shit? yeah-"

"aw shit-"

𝘉𝘖𝘖𝘔

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧

𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘢𝘭𝘭, 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘩 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘴 𝘥𝘰𝘯𝘦! 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘰𝘶𝘵, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘧𝘧!

word count: 719