SIXTY ONE

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

"Are you sure you're ready to do this today?" Cleo gives me a worried glance from across our bedroom

I turn to her and nod. "Gemma gave me the go-ahead, didn't she? She wouldn't have let me out of that infirmary bed unless she thought I could do things for myself."

Cleo chews on her bottom lip and smoothes down her sleek, satin black dress. Hung low on her back with tiny straps across her collarbones. Today I discovered the sudden sensations back in my cock because the second I saw her step out of the bathroom in those black heels and the curve of her leg up to the way the material of her dress hugged her ass, holy fuck. Never has my cock got so hard so quick.

"She said to take it easy," she huffs out, approaching me as I attempt to slide my navy blazer onto my back.

I admit, not all of my wounds have completely healed. My back is still healing over wounds on wounds, Gemma says I will have scars forever but I didn't mind. As long as Cleo loves me the same, it doesn't bother me.

Cleo is at my side in an instant, helping me get my blazer onto my shoulders comfortably. Making sure she doesn't graze the material on my back. She straightens it out at the front and smiles at me.

"What?" I look down at her.

"You look as handsome as ever," she beams up at me and I bring our lips together, placing a finger underneath her chin. "I love it when you wear a suit."

"I love you in anything," I mumble against her mouth. "And especially when you have nothing on at all."

Cleo chuckles into the kiss and it sends warmth and security to my heart, I grip onto her a little tighter and her lashes flick up to my eyes. "If you get tired, don't think that you have to stay out and talk to everyone. This day is about you being welcomed home, everything is on your terms. Don't try to please everyone if you start getting exhausted."

I smooth a hand over the back of her head and clutch the bottom of her neck softly. "When will you stop worrying about me?"

"Never."

The corners of my mouth flicks up and I peck her lips again. "You don't need to worry about me, I'm okay and you know that if I'm not okay, you'll be the first person to know about it." I whisper against her lips. "Just enjoy tonight, let's celebrate the pack, celebrate you. It's about you guys just as much as it's about me."

Cleo exhales through her nose slowly and grazes her palms against my chest, watching her fingers and eventually nodding. "I know that you'd tell me if you're not okay," she whispers. "But I just want you to know that there is no rush for anything."

I grip the back of her waist closer into my body, her beautiful green eyes fluttering open to look at me. "There is no rush for anything," I kiss the corner of her mouth. "But this feels right today. I've been quiet for far too long and I'm ready, I know I'm ready. As long as you're beside me supporting me, I can do anything."