chapter 19 (aka episode 8) PT 2

word count: 5310 words
A/N: last chapter for real this time until s3💔

 As much as Eleanor had complained about how slow time was moving, as the timer ticked down, the feeling of impatience was replaced by an anxious knot in her stomach

Because every second that went by was that much closer to her finding out the thing that no seventeen year old ever wanted to.

Custer's angry voice started to pipe up from the living room again, and Eleanor pulled out her headphones, desperate to drown him out. The last thing she needed was to continue wondering what he was arguing about.

Mac Miller started playing, and Eleanor smiled to herself despite the situation. It was the music that Fezco always played for her, despite the fact he rarely listened to him. The only thing that mattered was the fact that she liked it.

Thoughts of Fez quickly turned to thoughts of the elephant in the room, that was currently sitting in a plastic cup, preparing to announce her fate.

What if it was positive? How would she tell her mom, who didn't even know she and Fez were serious.

Jesus, would she keep it?

She couldn't help but imagine the life that they'd talked about- a quiet farm in the country, a big family, cows and chickens. A simple life, one that Eleanor had never really thought about until Fez.

She always assumed that it would be her and Nate, living in a big house in a nice suburb, with picture perfect children. Maybe it wouldn't be particularly exciting, but that's just the way she imagined it.

But if she was being honest, any life with Fez sounded perfect, more perfect than anything had ever seemed. Maybe it would be, just the two of them against the world. Because if they had each other, they didn't really need anything else.

Maybe Ash would live with them too, at least until he was old enough to be on his own. Ashtray almost felt like having a kid, making lunch for him and scolding him to clean the mess that was his room.

Eleanor was pretty sure she would be content as she was, practically living at Fezco's house. She had even gotten used to Faye, who had become less of a psychotic junkie in Eleanor's eyes. Faye was almost a friend.

The thing that Eleanor couldn't stop thinking about, though, despite attempting to daydream about a happy life with Fez, was what she would do if she was pregnant. She hadn't even finished highschool, and college with a baby would be doubly as hard.

But she would be lying if she said there wasn't a little part of her that wanted to keep the hypothetical baby, even if she couldn't explain why.