Chapter one: Another Beginning

(WARNING!! The following story contains some themes and imagery that some readers may find triggering or disturbing. Reader discretion is advised!!)

'Ugh! She's always late! It's been 15 minutes now!'

The bussiling streets of Japan were crowding up the whole town. People everywhere getting to where they need to be. Train and bus stations were flowing with families and business workers. It was quite overwhelming to say the least.

I stood impatiently at the center of the train station, carrying a dark purple duffel bag firmly in my hands. Currently, I am waiting for my best friend, but as always, she is running late. We both got accepted into this new school and unfortunately for us, it's far from our hometown, so we have to take the train. I just wish she had gotten here earlier.

I guess I'll introduce myself. My name is Izanami Aoyama. In this town, I am known as the ultimate skater pro. I've been to competitions and even won trophies! Amazing huh? Anyways, as I previously said, me and my best got accepted into this school along with other students as well. I can't wait to meet all my classmates!

I placed my duffel bag on the ground and twiddled my hands together

I placed my duffel bag on the ground and twiddled my hands together. Man, how long does it take someone to get themselves ready?! Sure I really don't put a whole lot of time in my looks, but it shouldn't take you this long to suit yourself up. All of a sudden, I heard in the distance "Wait! Izanami! I'm here!" Finally, she has made it.

(???: Whew! Sorry I'm late! You know how I am when it comes to being on time for things!

(Izanami: Yeah! It took 25 minutes to get here! Honestly, how long does it take you to pretty yourself up?!"

(???: Oh calm down Izzy! No need to get fussy! It's a big day for us!

(Izanami: Yeah you're right, as usual. I just get impatient when I'm excited.

See her? That's my best friend, Emmaline Saika, the ultimate artist 2.0. We've been friends ever since we were kids and we've been through a lot of adventures together. I'm glad she'll be here at this new school with me.

 I'm glad she'll be here at this new school with me

(Emmaline: Oh! Here comes the train! C'mon!

(Izanami: I'm coming!

We both grabbed our stuff and headed onto the train, passing all the nearby passengers. We eventually found two empty seats near the back of train where pretty nobody was sitting. We both looked at each and uttered the same thing.

(Both: Perfect!

We placed our stuff down and took our seats, feeling ourselves relax. The train began to slowly move. Emmaline drew in her sketchbook while I tinkered with my roller blades, as we made small talk.

(Emmaline: So, what do you think the school is gonna be like?

(Izanami: I'm not sure. I just hope the teachers and our classmates are nice.

(Emmaline: That's reasonable. I can't wait to see all the after school activities they have! *gasp* What if they have an art club!!

(Izanami: Or a skate club!!

(Emmaline: Ooh! This is gonna be great! I'm so excited!

(Izanami: Agreed!

We chatted for hours as the train passed by. A trolly cart would occasionally pass by with food, which we would always accept. The ride was a peaceful one. The scenery outside the window was breathtaking, the people on the train were very nice, and there wasn't a single interruption during the ride. It was amazing.

After hours of siting on the train, it finally came to a stop to our destination. We grabbed our luggage and headed off. We stepped off the train to be greeted with a massive city. We are used to the more suburban part, so this was a sight to see. Emmaline jaw dropped seeing all the buildings.

(Emmaline: Wow! Look at all the shops and restaurants!

(Izanami: It sure is amazing. Well, we don't have time to play around, we gotta find this school.

(Emmaline: Oh like you don't get distracted by the littlest things!

(Izanami: I have a very low attention span! Don't judge me! Hmph!

(Emmaline: Alright miss grumpy pants! Let's go find this school!

We made our way through the bussiling city, seeing many people pass by. As we walked, we focused on the many sightings to see and things to do. Man, it would be so nice to live here. Eventually, we found our destination. To our surprise, instead of a school, it was....a cruise boat?! I looked at my phone to make sure we had arrived at the right location.

(Izanami: "Hope's Peak Academy." Yep. This is it.

(Emmaline: Strange. Why is it a cruise boat instead of a school?

(Izanami: I did hear the original school went bankrupt and now is abandoned. So maybe this will take us to the new school?

(Emmaline: That could be a possibility.

(Izanami: We'll, let's get going.

We headed up on the boat, our stuff cramped in our hands. We both had eager looks on our faces, ready for what awaited us. But as we walked down the empty hallways....something felt....off.

It was like every room had an eerie sense of dread or sorrow. Barely any noise could be heard. It was very uncomfortable to say the least. I could tell I wasn't feeling weird, because Emmaline felt the same way I did.

(Izanami: 'Why do I feel like this...? Something feels very odd about this school...'

We continued walking down the halls together until we made to a nearby gymnasium. We puzzled for a second before pushing the bright red double doors to see a large portion of school students, just like us. They all stared at us with narrowed eyes as we entered.

(Male voice 1: Who are they?

(Male voice 2: Perhaps they are students attending here as well?

(Izanami: Yes. We are students enrolling here too.

(Female voice: So...counting them two...that makes 19 of us!

(Male voice 1: Indeed

I took a good look at all my classmates. They were all ultimates as well. All of them looked different from each other, but something felt the same. Like all of them had an odd aura coming from them.

Loooks like this is gonna be a new beginning for all of us. Or maybe......another beginning.