Chapter # 3 Into the Hornet's Nest

__

"They looked at each other, baffled, in love and hate." - Lord of The Flies

__

"What do you mean you jumped into the ocean!?"

Joey and Yugi had just finished telling you the Weevil story, and once again, you're amazed by your friends' stupidity. You pinch the bridge of your nose. "You a stunt like that could've killed you, right Joey?" He looks down, "Yeah, I wasn't thinkin'." He rubs the back of his neck.  "Clearly." You mutter. 

Joey ignores your comment, instead facing forward, looking out towards the island. "Man, this Duelist Kingdom looks like a pretty big place, Yugi." Joey says, "Finding your Grandpa's not going to be easy." You nod in agreement.

Yugi sighs, "Well, we gotta start somewhere."

__

The boat docks and it's time to get off. "Whoa. Check out the suits." Joey exclaims. pointing to the docks, guarded by men in suits.

"Attention All Duelist! Please Disembark In An Orderly Fashion!"

Tristin turns to Tea, "Hey Tea, what if one of those security guys finds out we're both stowaways?" He freaks, "We oughta just play it safe and swim back." Tea gives him an angry look. "We're in the middle of nowhere, Lamebraine!" She shouts at him, You quickly butt in as well. "If you can just try and act normal, you'll be okay." Tea gives you a quiet thank you, not letting her glare leave Tristen.

Soon, it was your group's turn to leave, You're positioned in front of Tristen, and behind Tea. You make your way down the ramp, with everyone else, though it was hard not to notice Tristen's little mantra. "Act cool. Act cool. Act cool-" This idiot was going to get caught.

He continues stiffly walking down the ramp, "Cool as a cucumber. Keep it cool-" The guards stop him, "Hey you." They call out to Tristen. His voice cracks a bit. Tisten sweats nervously as the guard smiles at him. "Don't look so nervous. You guys are our guests here." Tristen pauses, before turning around, "That's right!" His voice was still at an awkwardly high pitch. "I'm one hundred percent your guest!" Then he rushes off towards the groups.

You stare blankly at Tristen as he regains his breath. "Way to play it cool Tristen." You mock, "That totally wasn't suspicious at all." He glares at you, "Can we not, with the sarcasm? I think I might have just had a heart attack." You don't give him an answer, instead looking at Joey who was practically shaking.  "All right!" He shouts, startling you (and blasting your eardrum), "Every single one of us made it here! Safe and-" He sneezes on Tea, making her jump back disgusted.

Yugi gives him a concerned look, "You would have never caught that cold if it wasn't for Veevil." You give Joey a sharp glare, "You would've never caught that could if your dumbass didn't jump into the damn ocean." Joey chuckles, "At night!" 

Joey quickly brushes off your comment. "Speaking of our wormy friend," Joey glances behind you, "Looks like he just slithered his way off the boat and is already looking to start some trouble." You look behind you, seeing a teal-bowl cut-haired boy with bug-themed glasses, staring you your group with a creepy smile. "What is wrong with him..." You mutter, Joey glares at him "That slimeball." He scowls, "I'd love to wipe that smirk off his face."

Yugi's staring intensely at Weevil, there's a hate in his eyes you don't see often. A part of you wants to run, why did Yugi have to look so similar to Yami? Yugi's intense stare-off is interrupted by the guard's loud voice. "Welcome, all Duelists!" He shouts "Please, follow the stairs to meet your host." He directs everyone's attention to the giant castle. "Oh my god, that's an eyesore," You mutter. Hard to believe you're even remotely related to someone that eccentric. "That castle's gotta belong to Pegasus." Yugi glares at it. Joey starts walking, passing Yugi, "Then what're we waiting for?"