Chapter Five: Dig Dug

"You good Harrington?"______________________________________

______________________________________

November 3rd, 1984
3:00 pm

As I ran, the dark and shadowy figure followed behind me, causing me to feel fear and panic. I picked up my speed and tried to run away as fast as I could, but the shadow continued to follow, its presence causing chills to run down my spine. The shadow  continued to follow, its presence casting an ominous and frightening air over me. I ran even faster and more desperately, fearing for my safety and wanting to get away from the mysterious and frightening presence behind me.The dark creature continued to shadow my movements. I felt an overwhelming sense of fear as the shadow followed me, its presence causing chills to run down my spine and make time seem to slow down. I could see the sky getting darker and darker as I ran, the shadow gradually covering it until it was almost pitch black. As the shadow neared closer and closer, about to catch me, I heard a loud and repetitive knock on my door, sending me waking up in a state of panic and fear. As I realized that the shadow was nothing but a nightmare, I took a deep breath and tried to shake off my lingering feelings of fear. As I looked around, I realized I had crashed on the couch in the living room the night before. I couldn't remember how I got there or why I had ended up sleeping there, but I felt a bit dazed and disoriented, like I hadn't slept very well.The knocking at the front door continued making me groan as I got up from the couch and made my way towards the front door to see who it was knocking. I slowly opened the door, my eyes still adjusted from the lights in the house to the rays of the sun.

"You just woke up?" Steve asked as I open the door, I looked him with my eyes half closed, "No Steve, I was actually just laying on the couch watching the walls in silence." Steve rolls his eyes at me as he get in the house and sat on the couch.

"I give you 10 minutes to get ready and then we're going to but Nancy flowers." 

"Flowers?" I asked confused as I scrunched my eyebrows at him, "Is it her birthday?" I turn to him.

"No, we had a fight." I nodded and made my way to my bedroom to get dressed, I got dressed quickly in a hoodie and sweat pants. I went back to Steve and put on my shoes.

"But why do I have to come with you?" I asked as I stop in the doorway.

"So we can decide together what flowers are better. come on now." He said as he got up from the couch and we both start to walk to his car.

"Can you drop me off at Max's house before we go? I wanna talk to her," I said, leaning back in the seat as Steve started the car. "Sure, sure, whatever you want," he replied casually, not really paying attention to me or my request. After about five minutes of driving, we reached Max's house. I got out of the car and approached the door, feeling a bit nervous about asking to see Max. "Hey, Steve, can you wait here?" I asked "I'll just be a minute." He just nodded as I continued to walk towards the front door. I knocked on the door and waited. It took a couple of seconds, but eventually Billy opened the door. He looked me up and down, as if sizing me up, I looked up at him and said "Is Max home?"