11. {hawkins lab}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"you're positive that was dart?" lucas asked as the group walked on the train tracks to steve's car.

max and felicity were following a little behind the rest. they hadn't detached their hands since max was almost attacked.

"yes." dustin sighed, "he had the same exact yellow pattern on his butt."

"he was tiny two days ago." max reminded him.

"well, he's molted three times already." dustin explained.

"malted?" steve asked.

"molted." felicity corrected him.

"shed his skin to make room for growth like hornworms." dustin informed them.

"when's he gonna molt again?" max queried as she swung their hands.

"it's gotta be soon." dustin told them, "when he does, he'll be fully grown, or close to it. and so will his friends."

"yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats." steve joked, making jamie sadly chuckle.

"wait, a cat?" lucas stood in front of dustin, obstructing him and everyone else, "dart ate a cat?"

"no, what?" dustin denied, "no."

"what are you talking about?" steve scoffed, "he ate mews."

"mews?" max glimpsed up at him in confusion. "who's mews?

"it's dustin's cat." jamie added, cluelessly.

"guys!"

"i knew it!" lucas snapped as he shoved dustin back. "you kept him!"

"no! no. no, i- no i-" dustin stuttered, "he missed me. he wanted to come home."

"bullshit!" lucas rolled his eyes.

"i didn't know he was a demogorgon, okay?" dustin finally confessed.

"oh, so now you admit it?"

"guys, who cares?" max sighed, "we have to go."

"she's right." felicty nodded, "come on."

"i care! you put the party in jeopardy!" lucas yelled, "you broke the rule of law!"

"party?"

"so did you!" dustin shot back.

"what?"

"you told not one, but two strangers the truth!" dustin complained, quickly pointing to the two girls with his flashlight.

"uh, strangers?" max scoffed.

"asshole." felicity glared at him.

"you wanted to tell them, too!" lucas reminded him.