First day of hell

Rebecca awoke from her mom screaming to get her up. "beca!! Time to wake up!!" Her mom hollered. Rebecca groaned loudly, but then took a long sigh and stretched. "IM UP!" She yelled back, hoping that her mom would stop yelling this early.
Rebecca rolled her eyes and got up, she ruffled her hair as she looked at herself in the mirror. "Ew...I guess I gotta take a shower,". Rebecca said to herself as she grabbed a light blue tank top and her gray jacket, she grabbed her fishnets to put under her ripped jeans.

She held her outfit up and looked into the mirror to see if that would look cute, she stared at it for a moment and just shrugged and walked out of her room and took a quick shower and got ready.

***

"Oh good you're up, okay you gotta take your brother to school. I can't because I'm running late," Her mom said, rushing to get things done and grab her stuff, "Again?" Rebecca said annoyingly. Her mother scoffed with a sigh as she was picking up some toys that were left on the living room floor.

"Yes, Becca, just do it and don't complain please,". Her mom replied in an exhausted tone. "Okay, okay, fine." Rebecca said as she looked over at her brother who was quickly eating his cereal. "Hurry up Alex," Rebecca said as she grabbed her bag and sat down on the couch.

***

"Okay guys, I'm going, by love you," Her mom said blowing kisses and rushed out of the door. "Come on bro," Rebecca said as her brother walked up towards her. She put her arm around his shoulder and smiled at him. "Exited for the first day of hell?" Rebecca asked him. Alex shrugged his shoulders, "Eh...not really," He said as they both walked out of the door.

"Ok, well grab you skateboard,". Rebecca said as she walked over to her skateboard that was next to Alex's.

"Oh, okay," Her little brother said and they both rode to the same school in complete silence.

***

     They both made it to their school, Rebecca out her skateboard down next to Alex's.  "Come on, I'll walk you to class," Rebecca said as she put her arm around her brothers shoulder.  Alex smiled softly and nodded while walking inside the school.

    They were still walking until someone had called Rebecca's name.  "Beca!!" The voice sounded familiar so she looked at who it was and it was Dustin who was with Mike and Lucas.  
   "Hey!" Rebecca said as she walked over to them, she hugged Dustin. 

                                                        ***

    "How are you?"  Dustin asked.  "Could be better, but hey at least I'm here,". Rebecca answered, she tried to think of the positive side which isn't quite working but she's trying.  
"Oh, well I hope things get better, If your mom needs help with anything were always glad to help out,". Dustin said with a calming smile. 

        "Thanks I really appreciate it,". Rebecca said.  "Always," Dustin said, smiling.  The group started walking Alex to class, but once they got there the bell rang.
"Oh shit, were gonna be late,". Rebecca said to them. The guys looked at each other then back at Rebecca,  "Yeah, see ya at lunch!" Dustin said as the guys started walking the opposite direction.

                                                    ***

   Rebecca ran inside the classroom already knowing she's late. "Annnd... Rebecca Channing, late I see" The teacher said as she was looking at her attendance sheet as she checked off Rebecca's name.  "I'm sorry Mrs. I was walking my brother to class,". Rebecca said, telling the truth.  The teacher sighed,  "Just don't make it a daily thing, about being late,". The teacher responded to her and gestured her hand over to the seats.