The Weirdo on Maple Street

Logan's flashlight was still shining on the soaking wet girl as Stephanie took off her jacket and put it around the girl. "Are you okay?" Stephanie asked but got no answer. "Come on." Stephanie said lightly to the girl. She held out her hand and the girl grabbed it. The kids followed Stephanie back to Mike's house.

The six of them walked into the basement of the Wheeler house and the girl sat on the couch while the boys bombarded he with questions. "Is their a number we can call, for your parents?" Mike asked. "Where's your hair? Do you have cancer?" Dustin asked while Mike looked at him. " Did you run away?" Lucas asked. "Are you in some kind of trouble?" Logan asked. "Is that blood?"  Lucas asked reaching out his hand to the girl. Stephanie smacked his hand from her. "Stop. You are gonna freak her out." Stephanie said to Lucas. "She's freaking me out!" Lucas says back. "I bet she's deaf." Dustin said then he clapped his hands in front of her and she flinched. "Not deaf." Dustin mumbled. "All right that's enough, all right? She's just scared and cold." Mike said and turned around to the basket full of folded clothes.

He grabbed some and went back to the girl on the couch. The thunder rumbled and the girl flinched. Logan out of the corner of his eyes saw Stephanie move closer to her and sat in front of her. "Here these are clean. Okay."  The girl grabbed them and stood up and began to change in front of the boys. Before she could do it though the boys turned around saying a ton of 'oh my god's and Stephanie said, "No, no, no." Stephanie grabbed her hands to stop her from going any farther. "Come on I'll show you to the bathroom for privacy." Stephanie said. Mike followed Stephanie to the bathroom.

Logan and the two boys looked at each other with a stressed out face. After showing the girl to the bathroom, Mike and Stephanie walked away from the bathroom back to Lucas and Dustin.

"This is mental." Dustin said to Mike. "At least she can talk." Mike said back. "She said 'no' and 'yes.' Your three year old sister says more." Lucas said his thoughts. "She tried to get naked." Dustin said. "There is something seriously wrong with her. Like, wrong in the head." Lucas added. "She just went like..." Dustin said while mimicking him taking of his shirt but knocked his hat of in the process. "I bet she escaped from Pennhurst." Lucas added to the conversation while Stephanie rolled her eyes. "From where?" Mike asked. "The nuthouse in Kerley County." Lucas said. "You got a lot of family there?" Logan joked with a smile. Stephanie laughed. "Bite me." Lucas said with gritted teeth. "Seriously though, think about it. That would explain her shaved hair and why she's so crazy." Lucas said. "Why she went like..." Dustin said while he mimicked again. "She's an escapee is the point. She's probably a psycho ." Lucas said looking towards the bathroom. "Like Micheal Myers." Dustin added. "Exactly! We should've never brought her here." Lucas exclaimed. "So you just wanted to leave her out in that storm?" Logan asked. "Yes? We went out to find Will, not another problem." Lucas said. "I think we should tell your mom." Dustin said. "I second that." Lucas agrees. "Who is crazy now?" Mike asked. "How is that crazy?" Lucas asked. "'Cause, we weren't supposed to be out tonight, remember? So if I tell my mom and she tells your mom, your mom and your mom..." Mike says pointing at each of the boys. "Our houses will become Alcatraz." Lucas said in realisation. "Exactly. We'll never find Will. All right, here is the plan. She sleeps here tonight. In the morning, she sneaks around my house, goes to the front doors and rings the doorbell. My mom will answer and know exactly what to do. She'll send her back to Pennhurst or wherever she comes from. We'll be totally in the clear. And tomorrow night we go back out. And this time, we find Will." Mike explains his plan. The boys did not like his plan. The girl came out of the bathroom. The boys got ready to leave while Mike helped the girl get settled for bed. Logan was the first to leave.

Logan woke up to his alarm clock which was a weird thing in the morning because he usually has someone knocking on his door. He got up and put on some clean clothes and brushed his teeth.

After doing his school morning routine, he went downstairs to eat breakfast with his family.

Biking to school with Lucas and Dustin was a trip. The topic was Mike and the girl from Mirkwood. Logan noticed Mike was not at school, great. "I'm telling his plan failed." Lucas said as they made their way into Mr Clarke's classroom.

Soon the end of the day came around and the three boys biked to Mike's house to see why he stayed home, assuming it was because of the girl.

The boys walked up Mike's stairs to his bedroom after seeing he was not in the basement, seeing the girl sitting on his bed and Mike saying she knows who Will is was weird as hell. How in the hell does she know Will.

Mike told them that the girls name was Eleven and she was in danger. "Her name is Eleven?" Lucas asked while Dustin concerned about the danger part of the sentence. "El for short." Mike said. "Mike, what kind of danger?" Logan asked Dustin's previous question. "Danger, danger." Mike said before he made a gun with his hand raising it to his head then to Lucas's. Lucas smacked his hand. Mike's door opened showing Stephanie.
Stephanie walked into Mike's room and saw the boys and El already there. "Just in time." Mike said as she entered his room. "I just told them that El knows who Will is." Mike continued. That caught her attention. "She knows who Will is?" Stephanie asked. Mike nodded. "She pointed at him." Mike continued. "Back to discussion, we are going back to plan A, we are telling your mom." Lucas says while trying to open the door. But it just slammed closed. He tried to do it again but it only slammed closed. Logan turned to Eleven with his eyes wide. Blood was running down her nose. "No." She said sternly.

The boys got to stay for dinner. Lucas, Logan and Dustin. We're playing with their food. It was quiet, way too quiet and Karen knew something was wrong. "Something wrong with the meatloaf?" Karen asked. Logan shook his head and said, "Not at all, I just am not feeling that hungry right now, must be stress from school." Logan said. "Oh, no, I had two bologna sandwiches for lunch. I don't know why. " Dustin said. "Me too." Lucas smiled. "Its delicious, mommy." Nancy said to Karen. "Thank you, sweetie." Karen said. "So, there is this...special assembly thing tonight...for Will at the school field. Barbs driving." Nancy said. "Why am I just hearing about this?" Karen asked. "I thought you knew." Nancy said. "I told you, I don't want you out after dark until Will is found." Karen said repeating what she said from last night. "I know, I know, but it would be so weird if I was not there. I mean everyone is going." Nancy said with a tilted head. "Just...be back by 10:00. Why don't you take the boys, and Stephanie, too?" Karen offered. "No!" The five of them yelled out surprising Karen. "Don't you think you should be there? For Will?" Karen asked. Logan saw Stephanie open her mouth when she saw but saw El and her breathe hitched, Logan's eyes widened and the milk Mike was drinking shot out of his nose as he was surprised to see El out of the basement. Karen went to look behind her but Dustin hit the table bringing Karen's attention to him. "Sorry, spasm." Dustin apologized. Holly got scared and Karen went to comfort her while Nancy mouthed 'Nice.'

El was at the table with the D&D board. "El?" Mike asked. El closed her eyes but then opened them again. She grabbed Will's piece and said, "Will." Dustin said, "Superpowers." Mike sat next to her and asked, "Did you see him? On Mirkwood? Do you know where he is?" El pushed all the other pieces off the board and onto the floor. Then she flipped the board over, and placed Will's piece on it. "Hiding." El said and Logan furrowed his eyebrows. "Hiding from what?" Stephanie asked. "From the bad men?" Mike asked. El shook her head no. She grabbed and piece off of the floor and placed it in front of Will's piece. The Demogorgon. Stephanie and Logan shared the same look. As she looked at the boys with a scared look on her face. Dustin sighed and he looked stressed out so Stephanie put her arms around his shoulders to hug him. This was too stressful. "Okay lets handle this tomorrow right now I'm gonna go to bed and clear my head. Goodnight boys and goodnight El." Then she walked upstairs and went to bed.

"I should probably get back home too, my mom has been worried about everything, so I don't wanna give her a heart attack. Bye guys, see you tomorrow." Logan said as he put on his jacket and bag before leaving to his house.