SIXTY TWO

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily✨

After a week of spending every second by Cleo's side, we finally agreed it was time for us to be apart

After a week of spending every second by Cleo's side, we finally agreed it was time for us to be apart. I knew that it was time to be alone with just the boys, it's been a while since it's been only us without our mates. Sometimes we need downtime with each other to give ourselves time to miss them.

As much as I don't want to leave Cleo, I know that I have to. She deserves a night off with Nella and Hope, drinking wine and eating cheese or whatever it is that girls do these days.

I agreed to a run with Alfie and Mace but not before our territory was searched, checked and we had members of the pack on standby. Of course I'm going to be weary, those rogues came out of nowhere on the night they attacked and now we have to be extra careful.

There is no way I'm not going back home to Cleo tonight. There is no way.

Being able to shift into my wolf form after fully healing, I've never felt better. A few scars and scratches aside, everything almost feels as good as new. Cleo definitely paid a part in helping my wolf heal quicker. The bond, the love and the attention.

It strengthened everything between us and I couldn't be more thankful for her authentic affections towards me. We both needed it, that was obvious but she bent over backwards to make sure I never struggled or went without during my recovery.

I have no idea how I deserve her but I'm sure as hell not going to take her for granted.

My wolf charges through our territory, darting and swerving through the trees and around Mace and Alfie as they keep close to me. Never have my legs needed to be stretched more than today, boy every bone cracked and suddenly I have a gush of adrenaline.

I can feel the dirt grind into my paws and the autumn leaves crunch beneath them. The air is cool but the perfect temperature, sweat now dropping off the fur of my wolf.

As we reach the border of our territory I come to a halt, trying to catch my breath from running faster than I ever have. Mace and Alfie stop behind me, their wolves puffing out their chests to breathe as deep as possible.

How are you feeling, Kassian? Alfie directs into my head.

Good. Really good.

Mace nods at my answer. Good to have you back and better than ever.

Need to get my strength back up, can't be slacking now.

Alfie's laugh filters through the mindlink. There is the Kassian we know and love.

Shut up. I brush off and beckon my head back to the house. Let's get back. I'm meeting Everett later.

You are? Mace questions as we pad through the forest, at a slower pace than a few minutes ago.