Prologue - The Safe House

It was a typical Saturday afternoon, the Bonten chief members are in their own spaces inside their headquarters.

Kokonoi Hajime was busy growing and monitoring Bonten's money. The Haitani brothers are busy finishing tasks such as interrogations.

Mochizuki Kanji was busy tracking down certain people. Akashi Takeomi was busy creating deals and finalizing negotiations.

Hitto Kakucho was busy managing documents and files; deleting some and cleaning most. Sanzu was busy doing who-knows-what.

And Sano Manjiro was sitting inside his office while talking to someone on the phone. And that someone was a person who Mikey holds dear in his heart.

"Is it really okay for you?" His tone is unusually gentle and lively. "You can refuse if it makes you uncomfortable"

"Of course it's fine, Mikey" The voice sounded quite muffled through the phone's speaker. "I'm not at home most of the time anyway, and I hate to let such a big and gorgeous house be so empty and collect dust." The voice continued to speak. "And plus, didn't you say you liked the scenery outside my home and it relaxes you?"

The blond smiled at her words. "Yes, it does" He replied. "So is that really it? You're not requesting or setting rules?"

"Heh, of course, there will be rules. First and foremost, keep everything clean and tidy, no smoking inside, do not ruin my plants, do not enter my room or my office, do not take books outside the library, and make sure the pantry and fridge are always stocked" They muttered in one breath. "But of course, I have more"

"I figured" He chuckled. "You wouldn't be you if you don't set up rules"

"I'll take that as a compliment that I'm just really organized. Well if you want I can have my assistant send the key card for the gate and the front door right now" The voice offered, he can hear the soft sounds of the keyboard on their line.

"Are you working right now?" He asked when he noticed how busy they sounded. "I'm not being a bother am I?"

"Never, remember that" The voice softened as they reassured the male. "Whenever you call, I will always answer. And I am never busy when it comes to you, so don't ever think that"

"I think you dote on me too much, you're only a year older than me" He deadpanned. "And about the key cards, I'll just send my subordinate to get it"

"Alright, uh, which of your subordinates are you going to send...?" They cautiously asked, worried if it was someone of the least tolerable one.

"Don't worry, I know how you like orderliness. I'm sending Kokonoi, he's pretty sophisticated" Mikey spun in his office chair as he talked. "Or maybe you'd like Kakucho instead? He's the most normal one out of us"

Their soft laughter made his phone vibrate. "As long as they can walk straight, then it's fine."

"Miss, the client for the 3 PM appointment is here" Another voice spoke from the phone, he knew it was their secretary.

"Are you busy now?" He raised a brow despite knowing that she wouldn't see his expression.

He meant that question as a tease but they seemed to have taken it seriously. "...Uh, No. I can keep talking. You don't have to hang up"

"Don't worry, it was supposed to be a tease." He reassured when he sensed the panic in their voice.

"I'm so sorry Mikey, I know I said I'll never be busy when it comes to you" They explained. "I'll make it up to you, alright?"

"You don't have to" He continued. "I understand, anyway, I'll send my subordinate now."

"Okay, take care Mikey" They reminded. "I love you, see you soon" He only replied with a hum before they hang up.