𝟖| 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐝

8: battlefield

"This would be so much more poetic if it were halftime

"This would be so much more poetic if it were halftime."

THE CRICKETS IN the grass all around the neighborhood could be heard in the small town of Beacon Hills, the sun hiding behind the clouds as the grey-ish sky was above all the civilians in the horrendous town full of supernatural. The vet store could be seen just ahead as two werewolves ventured towards it, the male opening up the door and heading inside, the bell alerting the two people inside, as well as all the dogs in the cages as they barked loudly.

The face of Deaton walked out from the back room, followed by Scott as they both looked to the werewolves in front of them. Scott held a slight confused expression as Deaton let them through and into the back room with them, a dog laying on the metal table, getting checked on by the two.

There was a silence as Y/n and Isaac stood at the end of the table, their eyes staring down at the weak dog below them. As he stared, Isaac found himself scrunching his face up a bit at the smell of the fluffy animal as Deaton used a hospital tool while Scott kept a hand on the dog so it wouldn't move all over.

"Why does it smell like that?" Isaac asks, breaking the silence.

Deaton chuckles a bit. "Scott said almost the same thing to me a few months ago. One day he could somehow tell the difference between which animals were getting better and which... were not."

Y/n frowns, looking at the dog. "He's not getting better, is he?" Deaton only shakes his head.

"Is it cancer?" Isaac adds.

"Osteosarcoma." Deaton replies. "It has a very distinct scent, doesn't it?"

Both Scott and Y/n watch as the vet looks over to Isaac, the newly found werewolf of the three of them since Scott has been supernatural for months and Y/n since she was born. Glancing at the girl beside him, Isaac walks around her until he was beside Deaton when the man gestured for him to join by his side, his brows raised up.

"I know you're well aware of what your new abilities can do for you. Improved strength, speed, and healing." Deaton lists off. "You ever wonder what it could do for others?"

At his words, the three werewolves were glancing at each other before Isaac placed his hand on Deaton's when the man instructed him to.

The teenager let him guide his hand towards the dog, placing it on top of the animal. Next thing Isaac knew, he felt some pain course through him, black veins crawling up his hand and Y/n and Scott shared a knowing look, remembering when they had done it the first time themselves.