𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐍 𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐀𝐂𝐊

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

"Alright, let's get baldy to Xandar and collect that bounty!" Rocket exclaimed after he started the Milano and began its ascent into the air.

Primrose sat in her seat directly behind Peter's chair with a smile on her face and a book in her hands. Her foot tapped along with her brother's music and her eyes stayed glued to the window beside her as they flew over the Sovereign civilization. It wasn't long after that when they broke through the planet's atmosphere and made it back into open space. Primrose scanned over the stars that surrounded them for a moment before returning her full attention to the book in her hands.

As she flipped through the pages of her story, Peter climbed up the ladder to join them in the cockpit and walked through the small area to his seat. Along the way, he spun Primrose's chair in a circle, making her let out an irritated sigh in response. It wasn't long after the Quill man sat down in the pilot's seat when the alarms began to blare. The sound caused the brunette woman to jump and almost fall out of her seat before her attention fell on her brother.

"What did you do?" she questioned, earning an annoyed look from Peter in response.

"I didn't do anything," the redheaded man told her as he turned back to the screens in front of him before Primrose noticed his eyebrows scrunch together, "this is weird. We've got a Sovereign fleet approaching from the rear."

"Why would they do that?" Gamora questioned, who had just come up from below deck and sat down in the chair next to the Quill woman.

"Probably because Rocket stole some of their batteries," Drax casually stated, causing everyone to look over at the raccoon with irritation in their eyes.

"Dude!" Rocket exclaimed while glancing back at the Kylosian man.

"Right. He didn't steal some of those," Drax announced after seeing the look on the raccoon's face while he continued to evade eye contact with everyone around him, "I don't know why they're after us. What a mystery this is."

Before anyone had a chance to say another word, a beam from one of the Sovereign ships skidded over their ship. The close contact caused the Milano to shake and Primrose to let out a surprised yelp. Once he regained control of the ship, Peter began flying away from the Sovereign as fast as he could while evading their attacks. Primrose's grip around her armrests became so tight that her knuckles turned white while her brother did barrel rolls and sharp turns through space.

"What were you thinking?!" Primrose shouted at Rocket, who kept his eyes glued to the window in front of him.

"They were really easy to steal, Prim!"