13. {eleven's return}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

november 4th
byers' residence

everyone had helped set up the shed to the point where it was impossible for will to recognise it. now, joyce, mike, hopper, and jonathan had the job to interrogate will while the rest stayed in the house.

they were scattered around the house. max, jamie, and steve were in the living room, dustin was pacing around the kitchen, nancy was wandering around by herself while felicity and lucas sat in the hallway.

in the living room, the two girls watched from the floor as steve swung the bat around aimlessly.

"your form is all wrong." jamie told him, lightheartedly.

"yeah?" steve challenged.

"mmm." she nodded as she stood up. "i'm surprised you managed to do any damage earlier."

"sorry we don't all have perfect aim, adams." steve joked.

"can i?"   asked, her hand out for the bat.

steve hesitated before handing it to her. max observed the two interact with a smile on her face, they were extremely entertaining, jamie was seemingly happier around him and she didn't even know that was possible.

"it's about your grip." she held the bat up and showcased her more secure grasp. "your stance." she placed her left foot behind her. "and your swing."

before he could react, jamie swung the bat right at him. but she was positioned flawlessly so that the nails moved right past his face.

"jesus, jamie." steve stepped back after the swing. "you're dangerous."

her behaviour quickly converted due to the adjective he used. the two noticed how the excitement faded from her face. she pushed the bat into his arms and strode out of the room.

"jame?" steve frowned, bewildered about what suddenly changed. once she was gone, he turned to the redhead. "what was that all about?"

max shrugged, pretending she had no idea. "i don't think that was the best word to use."

while roaming around, jamie stepped over her sister and lucas' legs. "could you tell me where the bathroom is, please?"

"second door to your right." lucas told her.

"thank you."

once jamie was out of earshot, the two continued their conversation.

"obviously i believe you, i've believed you since yesterday." felicity scoffed. "plus, i just saw a group of demo-dogs."

lucas chuckled, "using dustin's 'compound'?"

"it's smart, i must admit."

"sure." lucas nodded. "so, how come you're not confused?"