Sheer In The Firelight

This is my original fanfiction that I wasn't planning on posting on Wattpad until finished but someone decided to copy and paste as their own. 

---

She was utterly enchanting.

Bewitching.

He was but a mere mortal in her presence. She was a Goddess when sunlight hit her sunny smile and turned her eyes into a reflection of the blue sky and her hair would shimmer like flowers in a field as they waved and danced. He was entranced and knew the night would be a regime of working on his weak restraint when it came to her. Only being able to watch her from afar.

But now she was devoured by the firelight next to her, and he was a knight who buckled under the sight of her bewitching glow and sweet presence, with eyes that would be a simmering ember and gold, her lashes looked like slender flames, her skin glowed and her hair turned to fire itself.

She was a siren, enchanting him and he had no desire to turn away her lure, eager to disappear into her embrace, her touch, her scent, her everything.

He was uncertain but he couldn't help believing that she knew what she did to him with just a brief glance in his direction, a faint smile crossing her soft, warm pink lips making her cheeks go reddish-pink in response. It was fucking painful. This entire evening had been pure, painful torture, wondering how he lasted the entire fucking night just to get to here and his heart may just explode.

A sigh escaped her as her eyes fluttered open, a soft smile gracing her face as she tilted her face upwards to the fireplace to let the heat and ember flames dance over her like a caress and he buckled further. Drawing closer to her as her smile grew tantalizing and welcoming and she spoke his name in a soft sigh.

"Riftan,"

Pure utter temptation and sin every...single...day.

"Maxi...You know fire makes you glow."

She hummed in response, sitting up and the design of her gown made him groan aloud, biting hard on his lip as he couldn't breathe inside his trousers anymore. He gently caressed her face in his hands, running his lips over her forehead as she sighed his name again.

"Or maybe you make the fire glow."

He only had a taste of her earlier today and it wasn't enough...

It had already been a long and torturous evening of waiting.

---

Earlier

The glass against his lips was cold and the wine down his throat made him burn hotter than ever as he followed the light with eyes that drowned all with fire in its wake because his body was being taken to execution. The oil had been thrown over him and soon the match would light him up and he'd be drowning in a ferocious frenzy.

That is if she dared to look at him.

"...long time coming...Her ladyship did very well, it's nice to have a place to drink freely."

"Nirta, you do that anywhere."

"I agree, the place looks spectacular. You must be pleased." Riftan was slowly drawn from the dull conversation, but he smiled coyly feeling a rush through him as he nodded at the man he barely recognised.