Til You Find Me Once More

"You better... If you don't, I'm just gonna figure it out—I've done it before, I can do it again."

Narrative: In which, she does. Michelle finds Peter once again.

Or alternatively, a happier version of the end of NWH. With a bit of angst and searching.

A/N: I've done it. I've written an NWH one shot. Dedicated to @NotesAndChords for the suggestion.

_______________

As Peter Parker walked down the street, he pondered on his plan

As Peter Parker walked down the street, he pondered on his plan. Would it work? He wasn't sure. But he continued to recite the words he had written out in his mind and imagined how he wanted the scenario to go.

While he pressed on in the bustling streets of Queens, New York, with his mind still set on one location, he noticed some familiar figures here and there that past by. Yet, as a he looked each one in the eye, he was met with blank stares and not even a hint of a recognizable glint in them. He knew the weight of the responsibility he had to bear with the spell Strange casted, but he didn't realize just how lonely and isolating it could be. He was worried of what was to come if his plan failed.

And just as the thought consumed him, he finally arrived to his destination.

He recited the words on the paper once more, but now aloud so he could hear himself and make sure to correct any mistakes. "Hi, my name is Peter Parker. You don't know me, but I... uh. Hi, my name is Peter Parker, and you don't know me, but you—"

Peter then halted in front of the donut and coffee shop Michelle worked at before taking one final deep breath and entering.

The shop, rather than the Halloween and Thanksgiving decorations he'd last seen it decorated with, was now adorn by the red, and green, and white knickknacks and ornaments that Christmas time had made its trademark. With gold and tinsel shimmering around each corner and lights wrapping around the areas that could carry them up. It seemed very lively despite the typical grumble of the shop's manager, Al.

Inside, he finds Michelle right away, talking to an elderly gentleman who he knew lived in the apartment buildings around Peter's old neighborhood. His name was Gary, Peter believed. (A/N: Again, Rest In Peace Mr. Stan Lee)

MJ then turns around to him, or what he thought was him, then waves. At first, Peter stiffens, taken aback by the action and filled with the thought that maybe she does remember. Though, as he let the urge to wave back nearly guide him, he realizes that she'd been waving at Ned who had just entered behind him and the ringing from the door recovers him from any embarrassment.

"Hey!" Ned responds to MJ as he takes his seat on the counter just in front of her. Michelle greets him before telling him to hold on for another minute then made her way towards Peter who still stood a little dumbfounded.