preface

SYNOPSIS

Quinn Saelee wants to make it through university with as few bumps as possible. But a chance encounter with a foreign student might be all it takes to ruin her plans.

---

Now in her second year of university, Quinn feels she's got it all figured out. She gets along with her roommates, has a job she actually likes, (mostly) knows her way around campus, and found herself a friend group she can depend on. As far as she's concerned, there's nothing she can't handle.

Then, Wesley walks into her life. Charming, sociable Wesley who's only in town for the next eight months. At first, he's nothing more than another customer. But when their paths cross a second time, Quinn suspects it won't be the last.

Suddenly, she's realizing there's a lot she can't handle—like her best friend becoming more distant and the resurgence of imposter syndrome amidst a creative block she can't quite shake. Not to mention the ticking time bomb on her and Wesley's time together.

• • •

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I am very excited to welcome you to Quinn and Wesley's story. My journey with them ended up being longer than I'd anticipated, but that's usually how these things go, isn't it?

Quinn and Wesley came to me on a long summer night and have captivated me ever since. What this story means to me is impossible to express in words (gotta love irony). I put my heart and soul into it, and I am so glad I can finally share it here.

While You're Here is about growing up, changing, and finding where you belong. It's about the messiness of life and relationships and trying to manage everything in between.

And although this is a romance, I hope you also find comfort in the various friendships rooted in this story. Because that is how it all starts—with friendship.