SIXTY THREE

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

Now the nights have begun to get darker, colder and gloomier, Cleo and I have been prone to wrapping ourselves up on the sofa, putting on the fire and snuggling beneath the blankets

Since being saved from the rogues I've been stupidly attached to Cleo like any given second she could be ripped from my life and I'd never see her again. I wanted to spend almost every given second with her, as much as I could anyway.

Going to the toilet and having some alone time with the boys was an exception but every time my mind wanders straight back to her. Just like a magnet that cannot be forced away, like two stars in the galaxy which are destined to collide or we'll die without each other.

I'm convinced Cleo feels the same because when we have time apart, neither of us look or seem happy about it. But we know that it's good for us, good for our relationship.

But tonight was my night with Cleo, no disruptions from the rest of the pack. The living room is off limits for us and only us. The warmth of the fire doesn't stop us from being wrapped up in each other's arms, even though Cleo's body is the temperature of the sun but I won't pull away for a moment.

Cleo picked the movie and I went with it. I'm not really a film sort of person but whatever she wants to watch, I'm happy to go along with it. I love to experience what she likes and enjoys, I feel a little bit closer with her each time I learn something I didn't know before.

The credits of the movie begin to roll and I'm almost gutted it's over, I liked it more than I thought. Cleo pushes herself up from my body and rotates her head towards me, a lazy smile plastered across her lips.

"What did you think?"

"I like your movie choices," I admit as I push back some of her chestnut brown hair. "A lot."

Cleo beams at me and presses a kiss to my cheek. "I'm so glad, I thought you'd hate that one. But it's one of my favourites."

I replicate her smile and continue to stroke through her strands of hair. "I'll remember that then."

"Want to watch another?"

She reaches for the remote but I grab her wrist and her attention is instantly turned to me. Her lashes brush her cheek as she blinks and studies my face, waiting for me to speak.

"Actually," I clear my throat and shift on the sofa. "I thought that we could talk."

"Okay," she moves onto her knees beside me. "About what?"

I drop my hand to her knee and trace shapes with my thumb. "I know you kind of told me about what happened the day we woke up and some parts after but we haven't spoken about it at all since. And I thought now it's been a few weeks, I think I can handle all the other details. I want to know more about what happened."