14. {353 days}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

november 4th
byers' residence

"eleven." mike strode ahead and immediately hauled the girl into a hug.

the girl gasped. "mike." she cried as she embraced him tighter.

"is that..." max started, lucas and dustin nodded, a shocked look evident on their faces.

"it's el." felicity stated in awe.

"i never gave up on you." mike confessed once they had pulled away. "i called you every night. every night for-"

"353 days." el interrupted him, making him frown. "i heard."

"why didn't you tell me you were there?" mike questioned her, his face distorted into bafflement, "that you were okay?"

hopper spoke up, "because i wouldn't let her."

jamie's jaw dropped. "oh?" this reunion was getting wilder by the second. she had no idea who the girl was, but she was very invested. she leaned the gun on the wall and remained behind everyone, next to her sister.

"the hell is this?" hopper stepped forward to her, "where you been?"

"where have you been?" el shot back before he gently drew her into a hug.

"you've been hiding her." mike came to a realisation before he shoved hopper, "you've been hiding her this whole time!"

"mike!"

"hey!" hopper clutched him by his collar, "let's talk. alone."

he tugged mike into a different room and shut the door. despite this, their shouting could still be heard distinctly.

"protecting her! protecting her?"

"listen. listen to me. the more people know about her, the more danger she's in. and the more danger you and your family are in-"

"so i should be thanking you?"

once el had made eye contact with her two other friends, she sighed in relief and put her arms around them.

"we missed you." lucas said.

"i missed you, too." el muttered.

"we talked about you pretty much every day." dustin explained with a smile.

el did a double take when she glimpsed at him. she reached out and grazed the interior of his mouth, "teeth."

"what?"

"you have teeth." el explained, confounded. the girl had been gone for a year and had missed a lot.

"oh. you like these pearls?" dustin asked before purring.