Stolas's Reverie

Stolas sat in his dining hall, a chandelier-like model of the galaxy creaking sadly above him. Ever since the night at Asmodeus's, Stolas had been having his usual bad memories come back more and more often.

"This was a mistake, alright? Let's just leave." 

"Oh. Alright."

Stolas never thought he'd forget the look of pain on Blitz's face as Stolas hid his face inside a menu. Like a coward.

Stolas's posture had not changed up until this point, but now he slammed his head against his hands multiple times, tears forming in his bright red eyes. He was part of the Ars Goetia, for Satan's sake! How could he have been such a coward?

"You're a FOOL!" Stella slammed her hand on the dining hall table, and Stolas flinched away from her balled-up hand. "How can you be a part of the Ars Goetia when you make a fool of yourself at every turn?! It's like you're trying to get our name dragged through the mud!" 

Stolas began to pick at his feathers automatically, only adding to his dishevelled look. Stella's words rushed through his head, faster and faster. 

"Fool!"

"Imbecile!"

"Plebian!"

"Disgusting little-"

Stolas's self-hating thoughts were interrupted abruptly when he caught sight of himself in the reflection of the table. Stolas finally realised he had been tearing away chunks of his feathers, bald patterns seeping through.

Stolas sat still for a moment. Then, sobs racked his body as he stared at his dishevelled reflection. Stolas stood up and ran for his room. Locking the door behind him, Stolas managed to stumble to his bed before collapsing in despair.

Curling up into a ball, Stolas cried. He cried for so long, that by the time he had no tears left to cry, it was already morning.

END.