New School

I am Mariana and I stand in front of the villainous Esker Tilde. I have with me my magic marbles that are inlaid with holy power. I have a chance either to shock him or kill him.
The mana in my marbles are in of my control. I can put enough magical energy to kill him off but at the same time it is not my will to kill a man. How did it ever come to this...

A few weeks ago...
I awake to the sound of my teacher yapping her way in Theology Class. For you see I am a priestess in training. I am required to learn the ways of priestess old in order to become a heavenly saint and bless the world and many more. If you ask me its a bunch of bull crap.

There are five students all in all in my class and all of us are gifted with magical healing abilities. We have three subjects in school. Theology, Biblical Analysis and Prayer Study.

Even if its only three subjects. We master and train vigorously because we are required to.
I have always wonder if we have the ability to heal can we also harm people. I read a book poorly sealed in the walls of our library once, talking about how saints(of all genders) used to be put into a battlefield both as a medic and a warcraft. They had the immense ability to tear their enemies apart and kill them in the most grotesque way possible...

But after a while the holy people had turn their backs on the empire and wanted to free themselves from the torture and chains but instead the dark force had consumed their body and minds repeatedly until their heads had imploded.

Since then the use of holy power was restricted to inflict harm but rather to heal and fix.

I think it was a wise choice to make but I read that not all of the rebellious people of the holy empire had succumbed and died to the hands of the darkness. Some even say that from the strength and ability they could even control and harness even more power but that is all I know.

The book had an abrupt end specifically because the pages were torn towards the end. I wonder if someone wanted to hide it forever from the eyes of the world.

After all the reading I had gotten so tired my legs wouldn't budge so I had to drag myself back to my dorm in order to sleep.

On the way there. I saw some strange people wearing black cloaks and if I ever learned anything from common sense is that you hide and cowardly resume to your room if you want to live but...

As I was approaching to my door I was suddenly grabbed by the waist by someone. He was a man a muscular one in fact with long beautiful pink hair and yellow eyes. I thought it was weird but oh well. He was very close to me so I couldn't help but squirm.

He shushed me saying "If you value your life and wish to live be quiet."
Of course having sense I did.
"I saw the child find the book in the library. She has read something sacred and forbidden.

Oh god. They're talking about me.