Featherbarren

"The Featherbarren is a small bird of 6in width, 7in tall, and roughly 1 1/4 pounds depending on growth of feathers. These are colorful birds that tend to have a grey or orange stomach, they also fly like that of a glider due to it's pedal shaped wings that dip upwards.
Like any other bird they can't fly immediately, instead they must learn by the classic push or so! For the Featherbarren, it's wings are mostly hollowed out of any bone structure at all, leaving you with the question, " How do they fly?". It's simple really, they fly by currents in the air, not wind currents but that of emotional stress and magic drift we like to call this, "Pull float". They can fly rather slow and depending on the strength of these currents which leads these to be one of the best familiars for anyone with deep dreams, strong emotions, and of course, natural magic.

They are naturally covered in feathers that are all over it's small body that leaves a hollow space to store up on the essence of currents to act as a boost of flight to get out of certain situations. Or just as a general place to duck it's head into and keep from the cold.
Featherbarrens are very joyful birds and loves being next to a companion in flight or when it hops on the ground. Like a small dog they roll over but as disturbing as it is they do this break their fragile bones as to play dead when certain predators approach, the bones let out a toxic sent that can deter just about any animal in it's natural habitat, otherwise they are pretty much dead.

It's habitat is filled a hoard of trees for hiding, tends to be filled with flowers and vegetation. It's cold but never snowy and rains at least once a week! Most of the other animals are small in size and are hidden in plain sight, thanks to there being so much color everywhere! From the pink and red Hisser trees to the bright green Nasher bushes, this is a wonderland of color!