GEM GLOW

notes: this might be a carbon copy of the first episode but still. also, the roles will be steve-jake, pearl-amy (i know they date but it doesnt matter) rosa-garnet, gina-amethyst (theyre not alike but for the sake of this), charles-lars (their names rhyme at least!), holt-greg, and i'll find the others along the way. i'll probably just include terry after this. they're all around the same age like in the show, jake's not younger like steven. and they are all part human as well. but they do have the same gems :)

⁕⁕⁕

jake stares at his gem on the mirror with a sigh. "when will you do something?" he asks out loud, angrily putting his shirt down. he's already thirty-five, and he doesn't understand why his gem is still sleeping.

it doesn't help that gina brags about hers all the time, and amy's competitive nature causes her to show off in every battle. rosa is chill about hers, but it is kind of hard to ignore since it is on the palms of her hands, so whenever jake hands her something, he's reminded that he's the only one there that can't do anything yet.

holt keeps him telling not to worry, that it will come at some point. but a thirty-five-year-old with an unactive gem? that is unheard of. the others are half human too, and around his age, but they've never had trouble with their gems! it's unfair.

he is heating some cold pizza at the kitchen when gina walks in, stirring. "morning you little bastard!" she says, patting his back.

"hey, gina."

she gives him an odd look at his tone, scanning his face. "what has you down?"

jake plays dumb. "what are you talking about? i'm fine."

"uh-huh. did you not get enough sleep or what?"

"no, it's just..." jake sighs. whenever he has to explain something like this, he feels like such a loser and a killjoy. "i'm just really worried, you know? what if my gem never does anything?"

gina nods in understandment, getting a cup from the counter. "you gotta stop worrying, pup, worrying won't take you anywhere."

"how did it happen for you? were you just born with the ability to do it?"

"yeah, i mean... it's been so long i don't even remember it anymore."

jake presses his lips together, getting his pizza from the microwave. gina's eyes go wide, and she huffs. "damn, you heated that slice? you must be depressed. i thought you liked cold pizza."

"cold pizza is for good mornings."

gina groans. "ugh, jakey!" she ruffles his curly hair. "just cheer up! your energy is too heavy right now, i might just start watching a soap opera."

"what does that have to do?"

gina doesn't reply, instead she uses her thumbs to draw a smile on his face. he chuckles, and she smiles n satisfaction, patting his cheek. "there you go. was that so hard?"

"i'm still depressed, but thanks. that made me feel better for a second there."

she rolls her eyes, and jake grins. they sit down as rosa comes from her bedroom, but they know better than to talk to her. without breakfast and having just woken up, she's definitely feeling like murdering somebody right now. amy meanwhile enters the house, probably having woken up ages ago.

"oh, perfect, you're all here," she says closing the door behind her. "i thought i would have to wake you all up. can i join you for breakfast?"

"haven't you eaten yet, nerd?" gina asks.