Epilogue - Two

Six years later

Six years later

"Rowan, you have to share with your sister," Cleo huffs out as she takes the present she wrapped last night and places it between them.

Ivy's bottom lip is poking out towards her brother and eventually he gives in. "But it's mine too," he pouts.

"It's both of yours, to share."

Rowan's head turns to me and flashes me a puppy dog look. "But daddy?"

"Sorry buddy," I ruffle his dark brunette hair. "You have to share with Ivy, it's fair. You've got plenty of presents for yourself and you want only this one."

"Yeah," he offers me a cheeky smile.

"It doesn't work like that champ," I say and look down at Ivy. "Being a sibling means you have to share."

"But mummy," Ivy stands and climbs into Cleo's lap, her dark eyes flashing her a look. "I want to share."

My heart melts at her little voice and Cleo gives me a look to say that she feels the same. She smoothes down her light brown hair and smiles at her. "I know you do, baby," she presses a kiss to her forehead.

"Rowan?" I catch his attention, looking like he's seconds away from ripping the wrapping paper off the box. "Sharing right?"

He huffs out a dramatic sigh and I know for a fact that kid is going to be a nightmare when he's a teenager. "Yes daddy," he mumbles and then jumps up onto his feet. "Ivy, Ivy, Ivy! Let's open it now."

"Okay!" Ivy squeals with the biggest grin, clapping her hands in the process.

I slide onto the floor beside Cleo and pull her into my arms, her head resting onto my shoulder as we admire our children on their fifth birthday. "We did good, baby," I mumble into the top of her head as we watch them tear off the wrapping paper.

Cleo gives me a squeeze and she sighs into my chest. "We sure did," she nods.

"Oh my goodness!" Rowan gasps and then jumps back in excitement

"What is it? What is it? What is it?" Ivy replicates his joy, she enjoys copying Rowan. She looks up to him as if he was a bigger brother but Ivy tends to be quieter and Rowan always steals the show.

Rowan stamps his feet and throws his hands up in the air.

"Tell Ivy what it is," Cleo encourages him.

"It's a play set for the garden," he grins brightly at us. "It has a swing and a slide!"

Ivy screams and then places her little hands onto her face. "It does?" Her little slurred voice has my heart aching.

She turns to me and beams, I open my arms and she falls into my chest. "I love it," she mumbles and Rowan soon comes bounding into Cleo's arm, landing in her lap with a thud.

He looks up to Cleo beside me, his emerald green eyes full of life and excitement. Those eyes that have been adopted by Cleo, I cannot get over how alike they look.

Ivy runs her finger over the edge of my jaw and I push back her naturally curly hair. "Do you like your presents?" I kiss her cheek.

"Yeah!" Her head nods enthusiastically. "I love all of them. Thank you, daddy."

I wrap my arms around her little body and pull her close to me. "I'm pleased sweetheart, happy birthday."

Rowan then takes his turn to offer me a big hug and a kiss, telling me what his favourite toys are and which ones he's going to play with first.

For about twenty minutes I remove packaging from toys, cutting them out of wires as Cleo tidies up the wrapping paper. I collapse onto the sofa behind us and Cleo does the same, a long exhale escaping her lips.

"We did good," she nods and holds up her hand.

I slap hers in a perfect high five. "We sure did," I grin back at her and watch as she turns to me with sleep deprived eyes and crazy hair.

My hand smoothes down her hair and I cup her cheek. "Now a party and twenty other kids to look after," she melts into my hand.

"Oh God, yeah," I grunt but I'm still smiling. "Kids, eh?"

"Kids," she rolls her eyes playfully.

Soon we're greeted by Nella and Mace with Arlo and their newborn Atticus. Along with other children from the pack, Ivy and Rowan show off their toys and they play together in a friendly manner.

"Well done guys," Mace slaps a hand over my shoulder at the set up of the party. "Another successful birthday."

Nella laughs and cradles baby Atticus in her arms. "I have no idea how you guys do it," she brushes a finger down his cheek. "I mean two kids, fine. But twins? You guys are super parents."

Cleo kisses the edge of my shoulder and beams up at me. "It helps when Kassian is the best father ever."

I look down at her and slip my hand into hers. "No, you're just super mum. Doing everything and anything, all hours of the day."

"You never complain about anything," she says in response. "I moan at least twenty times a day."

A chuckle escapes my lips. "True, but we make a good team."

"I can vouch for that," Nella nods in our direction. "With Hope and Alfie's baby on the way, this house is going to be packed out."

"Well they can grow up together," I comment. "Rowan and Ivy will always be close enough to Arlo, Atticus and the bump like actual cousins."

Cleo gives my hand a squeeze and she nods. "Yeah, I love that too. I love that they have each other, they're a proper little family."

A high pitched scream and then cry shoots through the room. "Ooop," Mace sighs and looks across at the children. "Who is hurt now?"

Mace leaves us to figure out what happened and I pull Cleo close into my side. "Today's been great," I tell her. "And it's not even over."

"Seeing them happy makes me happy."

"Seeing my whole family happy makes me happy."

Cleo tilts her head to me and grins. "Gimme a kiss," she orders and I don't ignore.

I bend towards her and press a delicate kiss to her sweet lips. "Thank you for making me happy," I whisper against her.

"Thank you for making me eternally happy."

THE END

. . .

Okay, who is sobbing because I am?

Can't believe their story has come to an end and I'm so sad about it!

But they will make an appearance in Everett's book which is going to be full of spice, drama and action!

What was your favourite part of Cleo and Kassian's story?

I hope you guys loved it as much as I did!

Thank you so much for reading and for supporting. It never goes unnoticed!

Love Savanna x