Chapter # 4 The Ultimate Great Moth

__

"There is no exquisite beauty... without some strangeness in the proportion" -Edgar Allan Poe

__

Weevil growls as 'Yugi' wipes out his bug army. Joey and Tristen cheer him on, while you stare at the field with a neutral expression. As much as you would love to cheer on 'Yugi' you could tell that this Weevil kid had more up his sleeve. Regional Champion isn't a title given out willy-nilly, there's no way this kid doesn't have some trap already set. "You wiped out Weevil's army in one move!" Tristen shouts excitable. Tea smiles, jumping in excitement. "All right! Can you believe it Y/n!?" She shakes your shoulder, "He has this in the bag!" You smile at Tea's enthusiasm, deciding not to voice your opinions, not wanting to bring down the mood. 

"Hahaha! Yeah, right!" A honeyed voice spoke behind you. Turning, you see a familiar flirtatious blonde. "Mai?!" You stare at her shocked, not expecting to see her so soon.  She saunters up to your group, laughing a bit. "You losers don't seem to realize who your little pal is up against." She stops right next to you, staring up into the arena. "Weevil's Reaginal Champ." Mai points out, "He's got moves your shrimp couldn't even dream of."  Leaning over, Mai wraps her arm around you, smiling. "See? I told you I would see you later." You blush, laughing nervously at the beautiful girl's proximity. "Hehe, yeah I- I guess you kept your word." You awkwardly say, making Mai chuckle. 

Tea, whose face had gotten red with anger,  steps up to Mai, "Nobody asked you!" She yelled, surprising you and everyone else with her sudden malice. "So, why don't you just take a hike!" Tea scowls at the Mai, while also grabbing your sleeve and yanking you back towards the group. 

Mai raises a brow at the girl, "And miss the chance to watch a champion like Weevil?" She brushes past Tea, standing next to you again. "As he turns this around? No way!" She gives you a wink. Joey and Tristen stare at Mai, star-struck, not even trying to hide their obvious attraction. "Yeah," Joey blushes as he stares at Mai, "I mean, Weevil came from behind to win the Regionals." You stare at Joey with an expressionless face. "Seriously?" You deadpan. Tristen shrugs, staring at Mai as well, "He's tough and sneaky." Smacking Tristen, causing him to let out a high-pitched yelp, you scowl at their shallowness, "Whose side are you two idiots on!?"

Joey backs up, not wanting to be next, "Hey, all I'm sayin' is, for Yugi, this is his first official duel..." Tristen pipes up, "And he's fighting a champ!" You glare at the two of them. "That may be true, but you shouldn't bring him down like that, plus Yugi has something no one else has." You glance up at the spirit, "And it'll make sure Yugi makes it to his Grampa," your expression darkens a bit.

'Even if it has to sacrifice others to do it.'

__

Weevil smirks "You may have flattened my army of bugs, Yugi," He dramatically gestures to his LP. "But you haven't won. And I have plenty more tricks up my sleeve." Instead of taking him seriously, 'Yugi' just laughs off Weevil's threats. "You've done an awful lot of buzzing throughout this whole duel, Weevil, but I'm still here, waiting for the sting." (You're this close to going berserk if one more person makes a bug pun.) Weevil scowls at him, "Oh, I'm going to wipe that goofy grin off your face," He mutters to himself. "Now, let's see which lucky bug takes the first bite." He giggles to himself again, before frowning. "Oh! But this little bug won't stand a chance against all your ferocious monsters!" He says despairingly, "Oh well, I'll play him in defense mode." 

'Yugi' looks over the field, his eyes catching onto one of the trap cards from earlier. "Hmm, that would've been a nice bluff, " He compliments, "But I still haven't forgotten about the trap card you played." 'Yugi' looks through his cards, trying to find a way around springing Weevil's trap.